Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help saving this power controller for FURNACE

hello,
    I have an old furnace in house and this is its working control module.

How can I collect information/date/readings/measurements from this working module so in case if something happens to this working module I can cross check from the information noted down and find broken component easily.

Should I take diode mode measurements of all the soldered pins on the board?
    Any other ideas?

I am not too good electronics troubleshooting

thankyou

Re: Help saving this power controller for FURNACE

dont bother with readings, other than maybe the coil - but i doubt you will get any.
    a lot of ignition coils also contain other parts under the resin.

what may be usefull if it blows will be a record of all the resistor colour-codes
    because if one burns up you wont be able to see the colours afterwards.
    also consider either replacing the fuse with a ceramic one or puting sleeving over the original.
    if the board shorts out it could shatter the glass fuse and make a real mess!

Comment

Re: Help saving this power controller for FURNACE

Originally posted by stj View Post
      dont bother with readings, other than maybe the coil - but i doubt you will get any.
      a lot of ignition coils also contain other parts under the resin.

what may be usefull if it blows will be a record of all the resistor colour-codes
      because if one burns up you wont be able to see the colours afterwards.
      also consider either replacing the fuse with a ceramic one or puting sleeving over the original.
      if the board shorts out it could shatter the glass fuse and make a real mess!
      Thanks,
      I was thinking to go on green side of the board and use diode mode measurements on each of soldered point on green side.

Comment

Working...
      X