PC Win 10 random freezes help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Win 10 random freezes help

Hi my PC win 10 random freezes, already did sff /scannow tested HDD, memory and did Fresh start any help would be appreciated ,have a Merry Christmas
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ivtec; 12-20-2022, 10:32 AM.

Re: PC Win 10 random freezes help

Did you check the Event Viewer in Windows? Sometimes this provides clues what has failed and caused the freezes.

Comment

Originally posted by FZG View Post
      Did you check the Event Viewer in Windows? Sometimes this provides clues what has failed and caused the freezes.
      Thanks mate i have lot of errors, but i don't know what is what? see pic attach.
      Attached Files

Comment

Last freeze i think this is the error log?
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, problems with the Intel Management Engine Interface driver can cause the system to freeze. You could try the following things:

- Check Windows Update, maybe there is an (optional) update available for this specific driver

- Check for a BIOS update for your motherboard

- If there are no updates available at all, you could try to remove and reinstall the driver or even disable it and see if this solves the problem (Device Manager->System Devices->Intel Management Engine Interface).

Comment

This win pc is updated , there are no other drivers from Lenovo or Bios , this is an old Sandy bridge mother board Lenovo M-73 3.1 ghz, I5 , i have another Sandy bridge Lenovo M-92P 3.20Ghz I5, maybe will handle all the software i have?

Comment

They should perform more or less similar, I guess. But before you switch to the other machine, try disabling the Management Engine in device manager. Maybe it helps with the freezes.

Comment

Hard drive not SSD ?

Comment

They should perform more or less similar, I guess. But before you switch to the other machine, try disabling the Management Engine in device manager. Maybe it helps with the freezes.
                  Thanks mate; i've disabled the *Management Engine in device manager*.
                  Now i'll wait till it freezes again.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                    Hard drive not SSD ?
                    hi diif; it's Sata drive,

Comment

Of the few Win 10 installations I encounter on hard drives, they are slow with occasional freezing.
                      Original factory install of Windows?
                      Whilst not impossible it's highly unlikely to be the Intel ME causing issues. The logs are always full of errors.

Comment

Of the few Win 10 installations I encounter on hard drives, they are slow with occasional freezing.
                        Original factory install of Windows?
                        Whilst not impossible it's highly unlikely to be the Intel ME causing issues. The logs are always full of errors.
                        hi diif , i also did a refresh install of system
                        before ,actually after i disabled The Intel Management interface, PC seems running faster and so far no freezes, keep my fingers crossed and you all have a great Christmas, thanks.

Comment

Hi guys ,FZG and Diif ; good news 1 week or so after i used the advice uninstall
                          Intel Management Engine Interface, did not freeze no more, and it saved from grief and probably reinstall system for nothing .So thanks and have an happy new year.

Comment

It's good it's not freezing but I'd put money on it being the reinstall that fixed your issue.

Comment

It's good it's not freezing but I'd put money on it being the reinstall that fixed your issue.
                              Hi Diif; I did not reinstall win 10 ,i said that the advice given to me to uninstall Management Engine in device manager saved me the grief of reinstall Win 10 and other works again and that would not solve the issue. ,so the uninstall of Management Engine in device manager solved the freezing issue.

Comment

Post #12 you say you did a refresh install of your system.

Comment

And for the win Event expert, what mean Critical (kernel power) in picture of post #3, is that connection for hardware issue?

Comment

Post #12 you say you did a refresh install of your system.
                                    Before I had done a system reset and did not solve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by harp View Post
                                      And for the win Event expert, what mean Critical (kernel power) in picture of post #3, is that connection for hardware issue?
                                      Usually that error is something along the lines of "the system has been shut down unexpectedly". For example force-shutting down the PC by holding the power button for a few seconds might trigger this error. So this is not restricted to actual hardware faults.

@ ivtec: Glad to hear that disabling the MEI sorted out your troubles. Hope you´ll be free from computer errors, at least for the rest of this year

Comment

So this is not restricted to actual hardware faults.
                                        Ok, thanks.

Hope you´ll be free from computer errors, at least for the rest of this year
                                        LOL, it is not much time left...

Comment

Working...
                                        X