Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will transplanting 1 eMMC from1 device to another device of same model make it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will transplanting 1 eMMC from1 device to another device of same model make it work?

Quick Question. If you have 2 identical android phones, same model.(Device 1 and Device two) If you transplant the eMMC from device one onto device two. Will it work or do i have to transplant the CPU too?

Re: Will transplanting 1 eMMC from1 device to another device of same model make it wo

If there is a binding to the processor (keys) in the eMMC firmware, then it will not work (only with the native processor).

Comment

Re: Will transplanting 1 eMMC from1 device to another device of same model make it wo

Originally posted by lotas View Post
      If there is a binding to the processor (keys) in the eMMC firmware, then it will not work (only with the native processor).
      Hmmmm.. I think i will just try dump the emmc and back up the stuff in the working phone.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by dabushar View Post
        Hmmmm.. I think i will just try dump the emmc and back up the stuff in the working phone.

Thank you
        i think you can try, it can work but just for save the data only. Maybe baseband will lost.

Comment

Originally posted by bbanana View Post
          i think you can try, it can work but just for save the data only. Maybe baseband will lost.
          I managed to get usb working again by reballing the ic RT5081. Managed to dump the firmware and using poweeriso i can see the system folders.

Is there away to extract userdata been trying power iso for awhile and nothing...

Comment

you never did say what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              you never did say what it is.
              I wanted to dump the phones eMMC

The Phone is a Tecno AX8( Phantom 8)

I managed to dump the ROM using Miracle Thunder(MTK Tab) All Bin Files.

I checked the filesystems using cygwin System folder is EXt4, userdata.bin says data.

Thats where i am at.

Now i am looking for a way to read or mount the userdata bin file.

Comment

do you see filenames or text with a hex editor?
                if not then it may be encrypted

Comment

Working...
                X