X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BN44-00301A No signs of life

Originally posted by snoptel View Post
    Got it.
    So on pins 4 and 5 there should be the 5.1 VDC correct?
    NO, The ic pin 5 is hot ground, pin 4 is the vcc pin, there should be a minimum of 10.5v and likely should be around 20v on pin 4 for the ic to work. If this voltage is 0, then check if pins 4 and 5 are shorted, if there is no short then the internal startup cell is bad.

third page already, this is why I edit

Comment

Confirmed, pin 4 and 5 are shorted, along with the other except for pin 1. I will source a new one and give you feed back. Hope I didn’t damage the pin holes :s

Sorry about the number of pages..

Thanks for the help.

Comment

If pins 4 & 5 are shorted, with the ic removed then the ic itself is bad.
        If the is is bad, you need to check DM811 diode across the resistor, The resistor is a low value (0.4Ω) and sometimes it goes open but the diode shorts so it looks ok but the only way to check both the resistor and the diode is to remove one end of one of them.
        Last edited by R_J; 01-08-2023, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          If pins 4 & 5 are shorted, with the ic removed then the ic itself is bad.
          If the is is bad, you need to check DM811 diode across the resistor, The resistor is a low value (0.4Ω) and sometimes it goes open but the diode shorts so it looks ok but the only way to check both the resistor and the diode is to remove one end of one of them.

Good news. The new IC did the trick, plus the zener diode was shorted.
          Thanks for the great help.

Learned a ton from this repair.
          Cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X