Gigabyte Aorus x470 bios questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte Aorus x470 bios questions

I got a gigabyte Mainboard here, thats not powering on, i inspected the whole board for any physical damage but didn´t find anything. so i took my ch341 an read both of the bios chips these are both MX25U12873F.

i found out that the images dont match. do they have to be exactly the same? or is it possible that the second chip is only for a smaller image to repair the currupted first one? i´m very new to this and woul appreciate to get some help.

Main Bios and backup bios are different in Uefitool and on second one a lot is missing...

main bios

b bios no information

is this correct? i didnt found any informations about how this works exactly....

board only flashes once if psu is turned on. if i start it its cycling all the time like in my experiences almost all boars had problems with corrupted bios...

thanks
    would be glad to learn something by reading any helpfull comments
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 01-20-2023, 01:48 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded

Re: Gigabyte Aorus x470 bios questions

2 x 128 Mbit flash
    Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
    Support for DualBIOS

it dual bios , so should files be same size most likely not , and there's should be a way to enter dual bios recovery mode and cant find the exact guide but heres some info

Try this:

System powered off
    Press the power button
    Count to 6
    Press and hold the power button (shut off system)
    Press the power button again
    Count to 4
    Press and hold the power button (shut off system)
    wait 5 sec
    Press the power button and let me know if the BIOS recovery starts?
    Last edited by kammy6000; 02-07-2023, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X