Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lift Master garage door opener with WiFi capability application through your phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lift Master garage door opener with WiFi capability application through your phon

Somewhat OT:
    Capitalism has a big problem letting corporations do as they please. Profiteering, price fixing, collecting and sharing user's private data - it's terrible.
    The dollars kicked back in campaign donations (i.e. FTX) to get the government to look the other way. So there's no enforcement, no legislation and the big party continues. Unless you're trying to visit a restaraunt in Hamilton lol. He's going to get pie'd soon.

I'm reminded of the "google barges" floating data centers which of course were to circumvent data laws, changing things to over marine laws with no privacy regulations meanwhile all the dumb people think it's about the boat.

Should Chamberlain Group and other IoT products protect user's private data? The answer is obvious but corporations are on a power trip.

So I like china now, at least their government is straightforward - you have zero privacy. They have the iron fist corps must abide by. They can pave a road, put in a pipeline, squash a scam in the blink of an eye. Although I was reading a ccp defector's paper and they said the government is more mafia, corruption is still a massive problem. So no difference really.

Now with inflation, we have interest rates getting jacked up and the average person is simply forking out more cash to the banks. How this is supposed to work other than making the masses poorer and the rich richer, seems like a bad idea.

Comment

Re: Lift Master garage door opener with WiFi capability application through your phon

Can't have it both ways so suck it up whichever way it goes?

Comment

yepp, thats quite unfortunate to have to just suck it but thats just the way we designed our economy and society to work, too bad. its all just a zero sum gain. your loss is someone else's gain; i have to screw others to make my money as a company etc. thats why there are those who refuse to be a part of the system, even an entire country like bhutan who refuse to be part of the system. their country focuses on the gross personal happiness of the individual and the gross national happiness of the country as a whole, not how much you contribute to the country's gross national product. smart people who opt out of the rat race? u bet!

Comment

STJ;

That’s not quite how things work here. The Police / RCMP has a contract with each city, town or municipality. So this policing money comes from property taxes.

Comment

Working...
          X