Samsung UN65H6203BF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN65H6203BF

Ok but lets speek technically, this is the reason i am here, after i hope you can return board, now try to fix the broken one, have you ever fixed an lcd tv? How many? I have told you my diagnosis, are you able to understand it? i'm unable to locate the shunt regulator, it's smd under the board, post a magnified view of the portion of the 4 optocouplers so i can locate it
    Last edited by Davi.p; 01-29-2023, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Yes I have done board level repairs on old things. I have not repaired SMD at all. I have pulled a few SMD chips and replaced in satellite boxes and cable boxes and I have put some in smart card readers. I don't have any schooling in electronics. I don't know the electronic term Shunt. Now getting back to the set. I replaced the PSB and that never fixed it. Someone mentioned the burnt looking places on the board. Yes that sorta through me. I guess the question is now. Where is the cheapest good quality place to buy the back lights and where is the best instruction video to change the back lights in a Samsung UN65H6203? Don't forget with the black lights plunged in the stand by lights goes out . Its not any different with new board. I think I missed a question. Have i repaired any flat screen Tv's and the answered is no. I only attempted one before this one and ordered the PSB for it as well, needless to say that didn't fix it. I did replace the back lights only to put bubbles/crack looking places in it and it finally lit up. So the answer is I haven't fixed a flat screen. Thanks.

Comment

I see that you are following your own road if its really a road and not following my advices, so for now i salute you....

Comment

DAVI.D I'am sorry if I have offended you. What do you want me to say or do? I think I explained my level of expertise in previous reply's. Now the only thing I know to do is replace the thing that has a short I guess. Why repair boards that have SMD on it when you can't see or don't have a microscope not to mention the solder equipment you would need and most boards are under a 100 bucks and in some cases 150 for all to repair a 1000 dollar TV. I may know the answer. Some that have there own businesses don't want other people fixing things and I can somewhat understand that. When I was licensed I spent many hours on the phone trying to help folks instead of making money off of them, it will come back to you in the long run.

Comment

not offended.. only a bit annoyed, in the sense i always hope to save a device and on top of all learn..

Comment

Go to shopjmmy.com and see what they have... They may have a complete sub for your backlights and other things. Even us Canadians buy there. Large LCD's are always a pain to fix. Sometimes you need a second person (depending on size of the TV). Shopjimmy also has instructional videos. It may not be exactly your TV, but a lot of them are the same.
              Last edited by CapLeaker; 01-30-2023, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks capleaker. they did have a good video on the exact tv.

Comment

I'am trying to get face frame of now, haven't started with the four piece frame yet. Tv back was pretty hard to get off. i ruined the last one tcl55 trying to get the four piece frame off, pulled a bubble and cracks between the glass and film. How does repair shops quote a price not knowing if they are going to separate the glass and film without damage? Is there some sorta trick to this? Do they make tools to get these things apart? Your help is appreciated.

Comment

You have bad power board!
                    If you aren't able to change a small component why don't you give the board to a service technician?

Comment

you can try this, you have 2 powerboards right? now as per CapLeakers advice in post #2, do you get the backlights on with either board with cable from powerboard to mainboard unhooked, if no, first easy checks are start on top of board with diodes and resistors, check all solder joints on bottom of board, there are also transistors and diodes on heatsinks that need testing, what voltage do you have on jumper JP804 both in standby and after you hit power on, youtube is a friend for how to test if needed, examples of bad joints: https://www.google.com/search?q=bad+...ih=607&dpr=1.5
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-01-2023, 07:57 AM.

Comment

can you post a good focused picture of the legend/map next to CNM803 and a good picture of the whole back as to see how everything is connected, I think the next thing to do is try to power up the powerboard as stand alone WITHOUT cable from powerboard to mainboard hooked up.

Comment

Ok, I got it all apart. I tested all back light strips with a tester. I had over 50 led's not lighting up on all strips, some of them looks burnt. i'am replacing all strips with new one's. Should I try the old PSB after installing new back light or just leave the new one in? Don't know if I should chance damaging anything else as bad as that old board looks.

Comment

Don't you have told in first post to have tested backlight and was ok?

Comment

sure, use the new power board.

Comment

thats why the test in post #2 is good for a lot of samsungs, if you don't get the backlights on, the problem is powerboard or backlight/backlight circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                  Don't you have told in first post to have tested backlight and was ok?
                                  at this point i wasn't really sure, also from the looks of that board i thought it was bad. back lights never worked at all.

Comment

Update, replaced all back lights. set comes up with dark screen with splotches on the screen.
                                    so i guess that means cracked screen. BUMMER.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

wonder why it shows no graphics, i guess i will trash this one and have second thoughts about doing another. i did use suction cups to lift.

Comment

wow, surprised you couldnt see that bad cracking just by looking closely, thought you said you used a backlight tester and they lit up, unless maybe it got broken in the repair process.
                                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-04-2023, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X