Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone, guys

Comment

Hi everyone.

Comment

Hey ya'll
        I'm just a Grandfather from NC with 6 grand kids that likes anything Radio Controlled, fishing and fixing stuff. My first computer was a Compaq All in One. The toughest thing I was able to do with it was to use DOS to create Boot disks to try and get a Star Wars CDROM game to run without crashing, for my son. I'm here now trying to find schematics and board views to repair a Robosapien V2 robot for my grand kids.

Comment

Hello! I already made a post earlier but I want to do it properly now. Saw the forum while looking for solutions regarding a bios chip problem. Very happy to see that a ''forum'' platform is still alive and doing well! Hope to one day contribute some solutions, but I better read up a lot of guides first.

Comment

hello

Comment

hi

Comment

hi all, nice to see there is a place to find old firmwares for old TV's etc.

Comment

Hey, not too much to say about myself. I'm in software and I'm just here to learn a thing or two about hardware.

Comment

Greetings to all!
                    Since building my first project (a crystal set radio) in 1968, I have tinkered around the edges of component level repairs to anything electrical (or mechanical). Since retiring from the workforce, my fascination has only depened such that Im now desparate to fix all the broken/not working equipment Ive been hoarding for years. In time, I hope to contribute some personal successes or otherwise to the forum whilst learning from the vast knowledge bank that resides here. Thank you for allowing me access to this treasure trove of information. Sincerely yours, Brian Day. Queensland, Australia.

Comment

Hello, just here due to needing to fix lost BIOS pw, on an HP eliteBook 840 G6, trying to decide whether to buy the stuff to unsolder the chip, or just ship MOBO to someone else, to do it, that has experence and all the tools.....Jim in Jacksonville, FL
                      I work doing IT for a large bank, for last 20 years....

Comment

Hello, I am a noob to this. Just starting out with a fried 1660ti a friend gave me. Eager to learn and expand my troubleshooting, soldering, and frying experience. Never done board level work and found the perfect forum for it.

-Gerald from Los Angeles, CA, USA

Comment

Hi all of you, my name is Gabriele
                          I have a wife and son, I have lived in Italy since I was born, I am an expert diplomat in industrial electronics and I have worked for 42 years at a telephone company here in Italy.

I started working when there were still only telephones with a disk to dial the number... cell phones didn't even exist. Then over time things have changed a lot.... :o)
                          A team of engineers in the company where I worked invented the first text messages SMS and subsequently gave birth to the various types of Mpeg and Mp3 video and audio compression, creating a worldwide consortium

I taught myself the pc since 1989 with the good old Dos, then over time I saw and learned windows 1, and all the other operating systems from Microsoft.
                          My job consisted of installing and adjusting electronic telephone equipment inside the buildings used for this purpose.
                          I therefore dealt with software and hardware for years.

About 2 years ago I completed my career and reached retirement age.
                          I have always been passionate about electronics, also cultivating it as a hobby.
                          I recently came across a computer motherboard that had all the capacitors swollen and bad. I patiently replaced them.

Lately I ran into a bad Terramaster F2-220 NAS.
                          the acronyms that I found in the motherboard circuit board are:
                          E230435
                          JH M3 94V-0
                          tm1210
                          and also tm-j1800
                          I'm looking for the electronic scheme and I ask you if you have a way to get it. I would be very grateful to everyone.
                          P.S. My English is not very good, hope you understand.
                          Thank you all. :O)

Comment

Hi all. I was an electronics repair virgin until April 2022 when I decided to open a Videx intercom keypad to work out why the buttons worked intermittently. A few tactile buttons later I got the bug and have now all the equipment but 0 knowledge lol Hope I can learn a bit from you guys!

Comment

Hi there

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                                happy to join the conmunity, mainly for learning and curiosity.
                                WIll try also to contribute, though.

Comment

Hi

This is Imran from Saudia Arabia

Comment

Why i am not able to create a thread?

Comment

Hi all, my name is Rafael. I used to work at technician and retired now.

I do some technician work for family just for fun.

Nice to join to this forum.

Best regards

Comment

Hello all,

I am a tinkerer from France who loves retrotech and helping family members/friends by doing small repairs of their equipment.

Thank you for creating this great resource!

Comment

Hello everyone!

I am a repair - replace type from Wisconsin, United States. Love working on electronics and reading/learning about different things. Happy to be here!

Thanks for creating forums like these - they are great resources to many.

Comment

Working...
                                          X