10mm Power Supply Capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10mm Power Supply Capacitors

It seems the vast majority of PSU are using 8mm and 10mm craps such as TEAPO, OST, and Fuhkyoo. Finding quality replacement caps in these diameters is proving difficult. Specifically, I am looking for 16v/2200, 10v/3300.

These series can match the 10v, 16v diameters
    Rubycon: PX, ZL, ZLG, ZLH
    Samxon: GC, GD

I understand Rubycon recommends their Zxx series for power supply use. I don't know about the Samxon GC,GD series.

Q1: Are the above Samxon optimal for PSU use?
    Q2: Anybody have a source for the Rubycon Z series?

Re: 10mm Power Supply Capacitors

re Q2: Farnell usually stocks ZL, ZLH and ZLG. Not exactly cheap, though.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Pansonic FJ 1800uF/16v/10 mm is an excellent choice for the 16v rail. It helps if there are two caps on that rail for a measure of redundancy.

The other substitution is harder - I tend to use NCC LXZ 2200/6.3v/10mm inboard of the pi-filter, and Nichicon HM 3300/6.3v/10mm outboard, if there's sufficient air-flow. Or try to shoehorn a 12.5 mm cap in one or more locations.

Comment

Here in the states I am limited to what is financially feasible. Farnell is not feasible. The prices are simply too high, and shipping is awful.

Wai Fong in Hong Kong is OK, but their stock is terribly limited. $20 USD for FedEx is OK, if one buy sufficient product to make it worth while. I get a good price break on 200pc bags.. but that is a lot of caps for somebody who is not doing this full time. The 50pc bags are higher unit price, but affordable.

I have to check with Big Pope, as the Samxon GC, GD look like good prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by bgavin
          It seems the vast majority of PSU are using 8mm and 10mm craps such as TEAPO, OST, and Fuhkyoo. Finding quality replacement caps in these diameters is proving difficult. Specifically, I am looking for 16v/2200, 10v/3300.

These series can match the 10v, 16v diameters
          Rubycon: PX, ZL, ZLG, ZLH
          Samxon: GC, GD

I understand Rubycon recommends their Zxx series for power supply use. I don't know about the Samxon GC,GD series.

Q1: Are the above Samxon optimal for PSU use?
          Q2: Anybody have a source for the Rubycon Z series?
          I used Samxon GD/GC in power supply for a few years, there is no any problem till to now. Besides, now Samxon GT/RS available in D10mm 10V2200uF, 16V/2200uF, 10V 3300uF and 16V 3300uF.

Samxon GT and RS both ae long life series, will be more reliable if anyone worry about the life for GD/GC in power supply or LCD monitors.
          My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

The GT looks like the better choice for power supplies, yes?

I'm looking for *the best* series for power supply use.

Comment

The GT looks like the better choice for power supplies, yes?

I'm looking for *the best* series for power supply use.
              If you ask me this question, i will reply you yes, it is the best series of Samxon for power supplies.

I am planning a event for Samxon GT as replacements for many LCD monitors which infected by issues Samxon GF. Of course it is free of charge, like a testing events for public. Please a few days.

Comment

Your web data base shows GT caps for 16v / 2200uF in 10mm diameter, but the data sheets only show 12.5mm x 25.

If you have GT 16v/2200 in 10mm, please let me know.

Comment

Your web data base shows GT caps for 16v / 2200uF in 10mm diameter, but the data sheets only show 12.5mm x 25.

If you have GT 16v/2200 in 10mm, please let me know.
                  Yes, factory can custom made GT 16V/2200uF in D10mm.

Comment

A custom build is OK for a power supply manufacturer ordering thousands of D10mm Samxon instead of using TEAPO, but it doesn't help me. I only order about 200pc of a given capacitor.

Comment

Newark Electronics carries some Rubycon, including ZL series parts.
                      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I am going to place a custom order for Samxon GT in the sizes I need. The price is acceptable when purchased in bulk. Frankly, I'm amazed the factory can accomodate small custom orders... but I will certainly take it.

Finding top grade PSU caps in 10mm is difficult. I have to disassemble a new PSU to determine the final cap value, which is an 8mm diameter. I did make a score on 12.5mm ZL and 10mm MBZ stock, but neither will work in my PSU of choice.

Comment

Working...
                        X