My Sony LED TV KDL46EX525 has white screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Sony LED TV KDL46EX525 has white screen

My Sony LED TV : KDL46EX525 has white screen with top left TMP = 29 and top right TIM = 0. I can do what I want, press any key, wait after switching off, I keep coming back to the white screen. If I take the power and wait 60 s, comes first briefly the last set channel (with a bit too bright picture) and then the white screen again. Please see photo in attashment. I tried to do a factory reset, but it can not .Does my LED TV Sony have the software problem? How will I get out of this? For the recovery software and the manual, I would be really grateful.
    Request for quick help!
    Attached Files

Re: My Sony LED TV KDL46EX525 has white screen

What is the history of the TV? Someone tries to update FW, software, etc?
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Firmware is a good suggestion. However, I was thinking T-CON Bd problem??

Comment

no firmware issue neither T-CON. service menu Value has been changed by person.

Comment

Dear! At the beginning, my TV has a Sony logo. After that briefly has a normal picture and then the display becomes milky white with these letters and numbers in up from the display TV has white screen with letters - top , left s written : TMP and top right s written :TIM . T-con is OK !
          TV works in agieng mode. I can not do a factory reset. Also, I can not enter Service mode.

Comment

you need first to put the TV in STB mode, then take the plug out from wall socket for awhile , bring the socket to wall back then inter with RC diagnostic mode.

Comment

Dear Sir!
              Thanks!
              With remote control, my Sony can not go into Stby mode. It can not be turned off with manual controls. Always light green front LED.
              Answer from the Sony Service:
              "After talking to a Sony service technician, the appliance is placed in the factory test option, and the return from the service is not possible with the service remote.Only one solution-replace mother board."
              I do not believe in this. I think there's another solution? Did anyone know this solution in the world?

Comment

you need to post very clear photo of the MB from both side and ill be great if you shoot other photo on the eeprom most of them can be reset manually

Comment

Dear! On the display I only have what is seen on the photo. This is all! I know about eeprom reset, but this shit from the TV does not have a separate eeprom IC. EEprom with this Sony chassis is integrated into the main processor itself! What to do? Throw the TV in the trash?

Comment

try the firmware loading from a usb before you think of tossing the set.

does the remote work at all?
                    Last edited by budwich; 10-15-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Hi.
                      I am having the same problem with a Sony KDL-55HX850. I don`t know the history of the TV because a friend gave it to me after he did not found the solution to it.
                      The remote only serves to power on the TV and then it does not react to it in any way. Jus stays with the white screen mentioned at the begining of this thread.
                      Also it is not posible to load the firmware.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just had this issue on my KDL-40NX703 after pressing the turn off screen button then the BD button.

On the remote, pressing and holding TV and Input buttons for a few seconds turned it off. Maybe this will apply to other Sony models? I thought I'd trashed my TV, but I started pressing combinations and hit the jackpot! lol

How did Sony let these button combinations slip through under normal use?
                        Last edited by PopperSnapper; 01-28-2023, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X