Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No back light on Samsung UN65MU6290, Need help modifying Power Supply Board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No back light on Samsung UN65MU6290, Need help modifying Power Supply Board.

Can't say I didn't warn you. I've done thousands of backlight repairs and this model by far is one of the sorriest POS I've ever had the mis fortune to have to repair and we just turn them down. The 6290F version is fine but if you see the POS 6290V version run as fast as you can because it's almost a fire hazard. Samsung should have some of the finest electrical engineers in South Korea and the MU series is the biggest failure money can buy. When you have to do a mod on the power supply every time you do a backlight replacement somebody didn't do their job right. And I refuse to fix your JUNK.

Comment

Re: No back light on Samsung UN65MU6290, Need help modifying Power Supply Board.

Hate samsung.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-09-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

A somewhat good update: I went ahead and replaced the MOSFET transistors (or whatever they are). This was unchartered territory for me and I ripped off part of the trace on one of them but I think I cobbled it back together alright. I did one at a time, and tested the TV after each. It wasn't until I replaced the second one that the flickering stopped and the TV began to function normally. I now have a steady backlight and a picture.

My excitement was quickly squashed once I noticed very thin horizontal lines across the entire screen. I'm thinking this is unrelated to the repair and replacements I performed and possibly something wrong with the LCD panel.... I really don't know what to do at this point. Maybe I damaged it during removal. I think I'm going to slap it back together and just use it or sell it to someone who wants a nice garage TV.

Originally posted by brucetv View Post
        Can't say I didn't warn you. I've done thousands of backlight repairs and this model by far is one of the sorriest POS I've ever had the mis fortune to have to repair and we just turn them down. The 6290F version is fine but if you see the POS 6290V version run as fast as you can because it's almost a fire hazard. Samsung should have some of the finest electrical engineers in South Korea and the MU series is the biggest failure money can buy. When you have to do a mod on the power supply every time you do a backlight replacement somebody didn't do their job right. And I refuse to fix your JUNK.
        Agree. It's been a good learning experience for me but this is too much hassle.

Originally posted by budm View Post
        Part designator: Example
        R1 means the desigantor of that particular resistor is assigned as R1, so that 1.7 Ohms resistor must have designator so you can put in the correct resistor at the correct location.
        Oh! Yes I put them in the right places - R9211 and R9111. I forget the transistor locations.
        Attached Files

Comment

Okay this saga has finally come to an end. I fiddled with the ribbon cables and the lines on the screen disappeared. That was all I needed to claim a victory and start putting it back together. Well I guess I manhandled it or maybe I wasn't gentle enough snapping the back case on. I turned the TV around to appreciate the fruits of my labor only to reveal a F!#king black spot where the screen had cracked in the corner.

I guess I'll be breaking it down and selling the parts.

Comment

Damn that sucks, that's another thing I hate about sammys, they just break too damn easily.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-14-2020, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I'm looking for the IC9101, the two switching transistors, Q9101C and Q6201C part numbers. Shop Jimmy doesn't have the repair kit in stock. Your help is appreciated.

Comment

whats the rest of your model number UN65MU6290XXXX what letters go where the x's are?

Comment

they don't seem to be including IC9101 in the kits that I'm seeing, maybe test IC9101, check each pin, neg. probe on a board ground one of the metal parts that slide in place when you take it off the tv, pos. probe on each pin, I believe three pins should show continuity to ground, the other 13 should not.

Comment

Originally posted by BiondicTV View Post
                    I'm looking for the IC9101, the two switching transistors, Q9101C and Q6201C part numbers. Shop Jimmy doesn't have the repair kit in stock. Your help is appreciated.
                    The model number of the TV is UN65MU6290VXZA. Thank you.

Comment

I'm not seeing part numbers of the kit, if there's no markings on the IC, transistors, so you can look up the datasheets, I guess just email shop jimmy and ask them since the kit is out of stock, can they tell you which IC and transistors you need to get, the resistors are 4.7 ohms, theyre out of stock kit is there: https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn...nt-repair-kit/

Comment

Thanks, but Shop Jimmy is not willing to provide the part numbers. I think the IC part number may be SEM4082A.

Comment

Originally posted by BiondicTV View Post
                          Thanks, but Shop Jimmy is not willing to provide the part numbers. I think the IC part number may be SEM4082A.
                          Yes it is https://www.ebay.com/itm/160633490803

Comment

Working...
                          X