Samsung UN55H6203 - Power Supply BN44-00774A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN55H6203 - Power Supply BN44-00774A

M1+ is the positive supply for the led string, M5- is the return of the led string, M1- & M2+ are connected together, same goes for M2- & M3+ etc. it is basically one string between M1+ & M5- The reason the voltage is around +300 volts is that this is the boosted led voltage, but since the led string is likely open, the led boost circuit shuts down leaving the base +160v on M1+.
    There are 5 seperate led strings but they are all in series, string 1 is connected to M1+ and M1-, string 2 between M2+ & M2-, etc.
    Last edited by R_J; 09-24-2020, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Re: Samsung UN55H6203 - Power Supply BN44-00774A

Good news - I am back up and running. Replacing the LED strips did the trick for me!

I decided to order my replacement Samsung BN96-39055A/BN96-39056A Replacement LED Backlight Strips (10) from ShopJimmy via Amazon (sorry SJ, but why is it shipping free on Amazon, but not your own site? I'd prefer to order direct from you!).

I also purchased an LED test tool for this fix. It was really nice to see first on a strip-by-strip basis, what LED's had a problem.

As mentioned by a different person, there are 5 rows of LEDs in this TV (2 strips make up one row). Of the top 4 rows, 2-3 LEDs had failed in every row. On the 5th row, the entire LED had failed. This is the reason I did not try to get fancy with jumper'ing past a failed LED, and just ordered complete replacements.

Thanks for the great site to post & share information!

NOTE: There's nothing more frustrating than reading these threads, and NOT finding out what eventually solved the persons' problem(s), which is why I am putting in this final posting.

Comment

Working...
      X