Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with an Asus P8H61-M LX2 rev 3.00

Hi

I have a PC with this MB. The board won't start when plugged in, it has to stay plugged in for a while before the power button has any effect. It looks like there is something in the 5VSB rail after it gets to the motherboard that is not working, as the delay between plugging in and startability suggests a bad cap somewhere, but to a visual inspection there is nothing amiss.

The electrolytic caps are an assortment of Teapo/TK/ATWY brands with a single United Chemicon KZG between all those.

Does anybody have an idea or a boardview so that I can start by replacing what is along the 5VSB rail?

Thank you!

Re: Problems with an Asus P8H61-M LX2 rev 3.00

Boardview .
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you very much, there are 2 capacitors in the 5VSB and 1 after the 5VSB to 3.3VSB rail regulator that are suspect failures.

I will start by replacing those, thanks again!

Comment

Have you had any success? I have a lga1155 board with same symptom.
        It is not that hard to diagnose, i just have to follow the power sequence and trace the signals from the i/o chip.
        Just didn't had the time to do yet.

Something like that:
        https://prnt.sc/u77hpl

The i/o may be different from your board, but those are essential logic signals for the h61 chipset, so they must be there, somewhere.
        Last edited by paul-o; 08-27-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X