Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED TV doesn't want to turn on

Hi everybody!

I'm having a problem with my "Vivax" LED TV, the problem is there is a standby light, but TV doesn't want to turn on, the button have solid light (like it should when it's on a standby), but it's not reacting to remote or power button on a tv.
    Tv was working ok before this problem, one day it was turned off by a remote, and since then I can't turn it on again.

I have opened TV to check if there are some swollen capacitors on main or power board, but they all look good. I have used a multimeter to check voltages between those two boards, you can check on a pic I've added for voltages, written in black is what is written on a board, and red values are the values I have measured.

To me voltages from Power Board looks good, but i don't know what to say about Main Board, since I'm not an electrician, so the only thing I know to do with multimeter is to measure voltages.

I'm suspecting that it's maybe a main board, or a little board that is used for power button and IR, but actually I don't have a clue what it could be.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

And this is how boards looks:

Last edited by darkwarrior92; 09-21-2020, 10:37 AM. Reason: added pics

Re: LED TV doesn't want to turn on

yes it MB issue and it seem firmare issue or spi
    ist the system Android ? or Chinese one which it used also at LCD projector ?

Comment

It's not Android, it is a regular TV (non smart). I think main board is made in Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by darkwarrior92 View Post
        It's not Android, it is a regular TV (non smart). I think main board is made in Turkey.
        can you see any label S/N on the main boards?

Comment

Tv not turning on could be a bad eeprom if you have standby voltage. Freeze it with an upside down can of duster before plugging in. 8 pin soic with white dot beside processor.

Comment

i think the spi beside it .. the one covered with white silicon this is Chinese way to cool it down LOL

Comment

@Diah
              Name: Sunny
              Model: 12AT011_v1.0_A

@neilc6
              Is there any other way to freeze it?
              Last edited by darkwarrior92; 09-21-2020, 01:10 PM.

Comment

carefully remove the white silicon on the part near to the corner of the main ic let see what hidden the spi flash or not

Comment

This is what it looks like without white silicon:

Comment

so U11 the spi flash... try freezing it to see if the set complete boot and run.. can you read the label on U11

Comment

I think it's 25Q32, but I will check tomorrow, it's late now. A problem is that I don't know where to buy a new blank chip, I could buy it from ebay or aliexpress, but it would take forever to receive it, so maybe I will just go for a working used main board which is about 30 EUR.

Comment

You can stick the entire board in the freezer.

Comment

Ok, I will try that, but I will put it in some bag first, because of a moisture from the freezer.
                          Last edited by darkwarrior92; 09-21-2020, 03:51 PM.

Comment

A quick squirt of butane (lighter gas) is far better than putting it in the freezer.

Comment

freezer might not work enough .been there done that . if you use gas do it outside if you can or as close as you can like near an open outside door .. gas heads for the floor and looks for ignition sources .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                                freezer might not work enough .been there done that . if you use gas do it outside if you can or as close as you can like near an open outside door .. gas heads for the floor and looks for ignition sources .
                                How much are you squirting out to be worried ? It will be gone before it hits the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                                  How much are you squirting out to be worried ? It will be gone before it hits the floor.
                                  enough to freeze the bloody things ..good few seconds . must splash out again 1 day for the real freezing stuff .not had any for years . my brother set fire to our bedroom when we were kids .was filling a cig lighter and i said just burn off what went on the floor .. unbeknown to us the beds were stuffed with straw . beds were from the late 60.s . this was in the early 70.s . it happened very quickly hence my warning . lighter gas is very volatile .

Comment

I've tried putting a board into the freezer for couple of hours, but unfortunately the problem remains the same.
                                    Are you sure that it's not a IR/button board problem, by looking at first picture I've made (the one with measured voltages)? I'm now even closer of buying a working used board, because a can of duster is about 10 EUR, and I don't know if that's gonna work, while board is 30 EUR, but I don't want to spend money on a board if I'm not sure that main board is faulty.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

try lighter gas .

Comment

Working...
                                        X