Replacement cap for Samyoung NXB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement cap for Samyoung NXB

Hey all, I am looking for a replacement cap for some Samyoung NXB 16v 1000uF 105°C caps from my LG monitor. I am new at this (my first cap replacement) and have no idea where to look for the right one. I have made 2 orders on ebay and received the wrong one both times. When I Google it I never get the exact thing back.
    So my question is...What should I be ordering? I am finding a bunch of different caps with the 1000uF and 105C and 16v, but none of them are listed as NXB. I found VEHT, which is what my last order came in as (and they are about half the size of the NXB in thickness.
    I have very little knowledge here so I came looking for help.

Re: Replacement cap for Samyoung NXB

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...6711d201c1.pdf

use panasonic FR series

Comment

Any of these cap brands and series should work for the NXB series:

Manufacturer.......................................Series
      Nichicon ................................ PA, HE, HD, HV, HW (PW may work too, if space allows)
      Panasonic .............................. FR, FM, FS (and FC is space allows)
      United Chemicon (UCC) ............ KY, KYB, KZE, KZH, KZM (and LXV & LXY if space allows)
      Rubycon ................................ YXG, YXH, ZLJ, ZLS, ZLQ, ZLH, ZL

Since you're in the USA, I recommend getting your caps from Digikey, Mouser, badcaps.net store... or just some reputable place that won't sell you counterfeits of the above brands and series. eBay actually has some good sellers on there too that sell genuine Japanese caps... but you'll just have to be very careful where/who you buy from on there. Generally speaking, US sellers that sell only electronic components (and caps in particular) are more likely to carry genuine parts. Avoid the China/HK/Taiwan sellers - very likely you may get a counterfeit part.

Comment

Thanks for the info @stj and @momaka. I will look and see what i can find. Not a pressing issue but i thought i would fix what i have before having to go out and buy a new monitor. I must be crazy right?

Comment

Also UCC LXZ series, which is less old than LXV and LXY. LXZ and Nichicon PW series are pretty much direct equivalents.

Nichicon's PA series is less well known but is very good, very similar in impedance and ripple current to the HE series.
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

forgot NCC KYA and KZN
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

AVOID Panny FCs. They sometimes leak from the negative terminal and will damage/corrode the traces if not caught quickly.
              Last edited by pc7fan; 01-21-2022, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFrank67 View Post
                Thanks for the info @stj and @momaka. I will look and see what i can find. Not a pressing issue but i thought i would fix what i have before having to go out and buy a new monitor. I must be crazy right?
                No your are not crazy but I wish that more people would look at this way
                I will at least try to fix something once and if in a short time fails again I might think twice if I am going to fix it again

Here is a case in point

I have a TV set that was almost a couple of years use it would not turn off unless you pulled the power cord but it was still under warranty so I had the repair service technician come and look at and determine that it was a bad power button switching assembly that controlled other functions so just the power switch wires were disconnected but could still use the remote to turn it on and off and because the part was no longer available they refunded the money that I paid for the TV set well this work for about a year and it started doing the same thing again not turning off even with the remote so I recap all of the boards except for the main filtering capacitor and this TV set work for another couple of years ( the switch that was disconnected I reconnected it and it was working go figure) I was using it for a monitor for my computer then the VGA input started not always work correctly then it went out completely then I used the HDMI input for about another year and then it started not always working correctly then it would randomly turn off by itself self now it is headed to the recycling center because I am done with it and bought a new monitor ( but I might be crazy for doing this repair or doing the work arounds to keep it working so who knows )
                Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-30-2022, 06:32 AM.
                9 PC LCD Monitor
                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                1 Dell Mother Board
                15 Computer Power Supply
                1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                  No your are not crazy but I wish that more people would look at this way
                  I will at least try to fix something once and if in a short time fails again I might think twice if I am going to fix it again
                  Same here.
                  And sometimes I will fix it, just to prove a point (that I am stubborn too. )

Great story about the TV set you fixed, btw! It honestly sounds like you already gave it much longer life than it could ever have from the factory and it did its job serving you well enough.

On a similar note, my sister has a small Samsung TV in her kitchen that stopped turning On/Off some years back. I took a quick look at it while vising her and just found that it was the front "touch" button board on the TV that was preventing it from turning On. Once I disconnected that (but left the IR receiver connected), this got the TV working again, but only with the remote (which is OK, since my sister said she never used the front buttons anyways.) This was 4 or 5 years ago and the TV is still working with this "fix".

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                  ( but I might be crazy for doing this repair or doing the work arounds to keep it working so who knows )
                  Crazy? No. I'd say more like curious individuals who like to solve technical problems. But to the rest of the "normal" world, we do probably appear crazy. Not that I care about that anymore, though.

Comment

I'd say that some of those touchbuttons are notioriously unreliable.

And it does not end, they continue to add more funky features (like, latest TV models detect remote position so just by waving it acts like mouse cursor), which could be very bad combined with removal of old features (like, if they removed the usual way of scrolling through menus etc.) and these funky things getting bad.
                    Last edited by Behemot; 02-05-2022, 08:44 AM.
                    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                      I'd say that some of those touchbuttons are notioriously unreliable.

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                      And it does not end, they continue to add more funky features (like, latest TV models detect remote position so just by waving it acts like mouse cursor), which could be very bad combined with removal of old features (like, if they removed the usual way of scrolling through menus etc.) and these funky things getting bad.
                      There are TVs like that already. In fact, I think this trend started a little over 4 years ago. First I saw it was with an LG TV that had only like 7 buttons on it's remote: On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Channel Up/Down, OK/Enter, and Back/Return/Menu... if I remember correctly. That's it! If you wanted to do anything else, it was all gestures and crap. Back then, I was working in a big electronics store, and basically I was the guy that would refurbish and repackage any returned TV sets. Resetting one of these de-nutted remote TVs was always a PITA. I think Samsung also started coming out with the same crap around the same time. But at least with Samsung, I could grab an older model's proper remote with actual full set of buttons and do the reset (or whatever else) in just a few moments vs. taking 5 minutes to try to navigate with the silly buggy cursor. Using those cursor remotes is like watching a really drunk guy (or gal) try to put his key in the key lock of his door to unlock it - basically just keeps missing... and that's what those cursor remotes feel like too, lol.
                      Oh, and worst of all, it's always the "high-end" models that have these remotes. The "lower-tier" TVs have (had?) normal remotes. Same with cheaper TV brands... which I noticed is what people are starting to buy a lot more lately.

Comment

Working...
                      X