Fuhyjyyu ruined this SONY Shake X30D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuhyjyyu ruined this SONY Shake X30D

They are still around causing headaches, this time the smaller SMPS control caps have shit their insides out and killed this PSU. Never seen any other cap to this day yet do this apart from Fuhjyyus.
    Attached Files
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Re: Fuhyjyyu ruined this SONY Shake X30D

Some things never change!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

why is there rust stains under the transformer?
      are you sure that wasnt a victim of liquid spillage in the past?

not trying to justify the existance of fuckyou caps, but that staining dont look related!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        why is there rust stains under the transformer?
        are you sure that wasnt a victim of liquid spillage in the past?

not trying to justify the existance of fuckyou caps, but that staining dont look related!
        The transformer has what appears to be a "7817" date code, and that SN358P dual op-amp has what appears to be a "7247" date code. I think there may be more to that P/S's story than just F'yu caps.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Sorry lads I should of added. I pulled the caps and they are fully open circuit on the atlas ESR meter, the liquid appears to come from the bottom of the caps! The device it’s self has no chance of sustaining such liquid damage to just this one area as it’s sealed in a box. There would be way more evidence of this.

Funnily enough nothing else tests faulty apart from a resistor so I’m guessing the caps failed slowly and burnt that out. If I get time I’ll make a video of it.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Need more pictures but I have to agree, this looks more like water damage, this is too much liquid for a single cap or even a few caps. None of the caps pictured could have leaked that much liquid.

Comment

Sorry guys the units been repaired today and sent, I’ve a few of the caps in the bin I’ll see if I can capture the leakage from them.

In the end a small transistor, a 18v zener diode, 4.7k resistor and a 4amp slow blow. All fuhyjyyys swapped and it’s running.

If it didn’t come from the caps which as I said a couple did test faulty by the area. It’s a complete mystery where this liquid damage come from. This PSU is sealed up under the mainboard, under the rest of the chassis. There would be way more signs something has dripped in there. So I don’t know

Comment

Working...
              X