Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hisense Roku Tv 55R6E3 steady red led help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense Roku Tv 55R6E3 steady red led help.

Hi folks i need your help ,have here a tv that i found on the curb and i'd like to repair it if it doesn't cost me much since i don't have no 4 k tv,
    Are these Voltages going to the main board Ok?

Unplugged from main board
    0.00v
    Plugged to main board
    0.00v
    Attached Files

Re: Hisense Roku Tv 55R6E3 steady red led help.

Would be nice if you identified them.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
      Would be nice if you identified them.
      Unplugged from main board
      0.00v
      Plugged to main board
      0.00v
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ivtec; 05-08-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Write them next to the voltages.

Comment

if you mean this V messurments you took as you wrote.. then yours Power Boards are fine.
          Originally posted by ivtec View Post
          Plugged to main board
          0.00v
          20.20 AMP (sound 20V)
          2.93 STB
          12 12V
          next you need to read the V on the BL Socket direct on the RED and WHITE cable and capture the V at start up if its go hoch.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
            if you mean this V messurments you took as you wrote.. then yours Power Boards are fine.

next you need to read the V on the BL Socket direct on the RED and WHITE cable and capture the V at start up if its go hoch.
            Thanks Diah ,i did measure Black probe to chassis GR - Red Positive to white wire i get 225v DC either plugged or unplugged. thanks
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ivtec; 05-09-2022, 10:34 AM.

Comment

you only have one other connector, it's right there says xp702 beside it, check voltage at start up see what it does, how high it goes and what it settles at.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                you only have one other connector, it's right there says xp702 beside it, check voltage at start up see what it does, how high it goes and what it settles at.
                Thanks mate; the tv when i plug in power plug it get a steady standby red led ,when i press power on tv it blinks 1 time and goes steady red. I probably suspect led lights ,they are prone to fail frequently on these cheap modules.
                Last edited by ivtec; 05-09-2022, 10:41 AM.

Comment

could be, that test there in post #5, can help, probably set meter to 200 if meter is not auto-ranging or you get OL.

Comment

could be, that test there in post #5, can help, probably set meter to 200 if meter is not auto-ranging or you get OL.
                    My DD meter is fluke 78 auto range.

Comment

take the screen apart.

Comment

take the screen apart.
                        Thanks mate ;but it's too much hassle,too big and leds are too expensive ,not worth it, i have also a 50''ONN 4k Roku tv on my bench open up and i need the leds but i don't want to spend money , also i thought i could find the fault at component level, i don't real need 4 k for now and i have about 10 1080p tvs that i was lucky to repair at component level, i appreciate your trying, thanks.

Comment

well we can try to determine what's wrong maybe, what does the tv do or not do exactly?

Comment

Thanks mate ;but it's too much hassle,too big and leds are too expensive
                            still you have screen 55 size to use

well we can try to determine what's wrong maybe,
                            &
                            My DD meter is fluke 78 auto range.
                            wish some one explain what did this words " fluke" mean... it got at my poor English mind the meaning of not stable when even google 404 stopped to understand it LOL.... so i wrote
                            take the screen apart.

Comment

still you have screen 55 size to use

&

wish some one explain what did this words " fluke" mean... it got at my poor English mind the meaning of not stable when even google 404 stopped to understand it LOL.... so i wrote
                              Fluke in this case mean a manufacturer of a meter,

https://www.fluke.com/

Comment

Thanks mate; the tv when i plug in power plug it get a steady standby red led ,when i press power on tv it blinks 1 time and goes steady red. I probably suspect led lights ,they are prone to fail frequently on these cheap modules.
                                I have a Hisense Roku TV and it normally has a constant red light when off then when I press the on button of the remote it blinks once an waits about a second and blinks again and then the picture comes on. This happens only when the TV has been off for a while. If the TV was just been powered off the red light does not blink at all it just turns on. Thought this information might help. I would think the blinking of the red light one time means it made it through a certain part of the power up sequence. Wonder if it would be worth trying to flash the bios if that is possible?

Comment

Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
                                  Fluke in this case mean a manufacturer of a meter,

https://www.fluke.com/

Hi mate; when i mentioned my DM Fluke 78 it was to respond to Mr nomoresonys; that mentioned ,quoted; could be, that test there in post #5, can help, probably set meter to 200 if meter is not auto-ranging or you get OL.

https://www.testequity.com/product/1...caApP8EALw_wcB
                                  Last edited by ivtec; 05-10-2022, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
                                    I have a Hisense Roku TV and it normally has a constant red light when off then when I press the on button of the remote it blinks once an waits about a second and blinks again and then the picture comes on. This happens only when the TV has been off for a while. If the TV was just been powered off the red light does not blink at all it just turns on. Thought this information might help. I would think the blinking of the red light one time means it made it through a certain part of the power up sequence. Wonder if it would be worth trying to flash the bios if that is possible?
                                    Thanks Kenny. Since you mention all that about your Roku tv .Today i went down to seller where i have the Tv. connected tv to power outlet i notice that it's not a steady red led, as soon i plug in the power plug it goes red and then gives 1 blink every about 15 seconds or so.I never prayed attention to that detail since i'm getting older and my eyes are not what what they use to be .i have a tight place to work on my tvs ,my son moved in after a failed marriage and occupied my work place where i use to work on my tvs, with furniture and all his stuff, so i have no room ,light or space to test my tvs properly that i love to work on.

I can try to flash the Bios on this tv ,can you share detailed info on how to do it. Thanks i appreciate your input.

By the way does a Roku device remote control, i have 3 , works with these Roku tvs ?
                                    Last edited by ivtec; 05-10-2022, 10:39 AM.

Comment

lol, he was responding to Diah, I guess Fluke isn't as popular over seas.

Comment

lol, he was responding to Diah, I guess Fluke isn't as popular over seas.
                                        I understand mate.I bought 1 for me and another for my son that is a mechanic many years ago ,best money spend . These Fukes 87 are outstanding.
                                        Last edited by ivtec; 05-10-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X