Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eizo ColorEdge CG277 power supply burned

Hi,
    Got this monitor with a burned main track and diode, unable to identify. My feeling tells that this mysterious "MP2C5052" IC caused the damage, yet I'm unable to find any useful information about.

The power supply model is "PCB-POWER 05A26240C1"

Does anyone have either schematics or datasheet of this probably faulty IC?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Eizo ColorEdge CG277 power supply burned

This is a special part, I think your only hope is to buy one from the component distributors in China, or ask Eizo if they sell the board?
    The only data I was able to find is the attached document from the component manufacturer Fuji Electric.
    Attached Files
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I found these:
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your replies!
        I have the feeling that asking EIZO for a spare board sadly might be the only, valid option.

BR,
        Ray

Comment

Hi, I have the same board with the same issue. How did you solve the problem? What is the main voltage in addition to the 5V rail? As if can't find parts, will swap the entire board with something that I have. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by piipo View Post
            Hi, I have the same board with the same issue. How did you solve the problem? What is the main voltage in addition to the 5V rail? As if can't find parts, will swap the entire board with something that I have. Thank you
            Hi, I didn't solve it at all and gave back the monitor, as it is.

Comment

Hi!
              I'm currently trying to repair a CG277 with this exact same issue.
              Was in touch with a really great guy from Eizo (in Sweden), who informed me that:
              1. D044 and L041 are likely to be faulty. They are RB070M-30 and BLM41PG600SN1 respectively.
              2. Replacement power boards were surprisingly affordable through Eizo costumer support.

Comment

I also have one of these.
                Thanks to Bubz I've found that D044 is short circuit.
                I also found that it is in just about the most awkward place on the board.
                I tried Eizo customer support (UK) but they absolutely refuse to sell a replacement board, they will however take it in for 'Inspection & repair' for £95 +VAT +parts!

Comment

Bored repairs: I paid about half that, for a brand new, revised version power board, including new cables (as the revised power board had different connectors).
                  I've since received it, swapped the board, and can report the screen as fully working again.

Comment

Funny enough. I'm trying to fix my CX270 which does sometimes work and the stops working after it warms up (but only if I restart it after it has already warmed up). And D044 gives me 0,002V in both directions.

After the painful desoldering of D044, I've found that it has cracked on the bottom side.
                    It now measures 0,4V in one, and OC in the other direction. I'm getting 0,002V when trying to measure via the exposed copper (where it cracked) on the bottom side.

Good thing Mouser got those for around 40 cents and minimum order amount of 1pc. I'll order 2.

Thanks Bubz your info really saved me here. No way I would have been able to find out what the part number was on mine.

I should mention though, that mine has neither any burn marks or other obvious failures. So there's that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240202_190010.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	3209295

Comment

Nevermind. I am an idiot. 0.002V on diode mode is the voltage from a short. Measuring the pads (with no diode installed) gives 0.002V. Because it is connecting somewhere else via the PCB.
                      Then again, it was damaged either way, so there's that.
                      See kids, these obvious oversights and mistakes happen, when you inhale to much soldering fumes.

Really banking on someone like CapLeaker to take a look at my thread. I'm a bit out of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                      X