Philips TV 40PFL3148H/12 keeps restarting on the logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips TV 40PFL3148H/12 keeps restarting on the logo

I can't find the chip for a philips tv, this reference only returns results for samsung tv. That's strange because I have this exact chip on my philips tv
    Attached Files
    Last edited by alfonzzo; 08-11-2022, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alfonzzo View Post
      Well I will buy a 1gb one and retry, but honnestly I already tried with 3 usb sticks ( 8/32/128gb) and nothing happened.
      With such a large size, it will not pick up the update, you need to try with 1-2-4 Gb.

Comment

I can't find the chip for a philips tv, this reference only returns results for samsung tv. That's strange because I have this exact chip on my philips tv
        With someone else's firmware, a red square will appear on the screen with the inscription "CI Plus Key Fail" and half of the functions will not work. Here the firmware is tied to the "hardware" and with the "non-native" firmware the TV simply may not start. This applies to TV philips.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
          With such a large size, it will not pick up the update, you need to try with 1-2-4 Gb.

is this one fine? it 's a 2Gb 2.0
          https://www.amazon.fr/Nilox-Cl%C3%A9.../dp/B07LD3B65H

Comment

I don't know, it's better to find an old release (ask friends or where they sell old things) from Kingston, SanDisk ....

Comment

And you do not need an update file, but a service firmware to restore the TV.

Comment

ok I will try to find an old drive then...

Philips sent me this file : upgrade_TPN1011E_002.180.000.000.zip

and I also tried with the last firmware on their website : 40pfl3148h_12_fus_fra.zip

(I can't upload the files on the forum but I can't put them on a third party website if needed.)

Comment

You can upload the upgrade_TPN1011E_002.180.000.000.zip file to the cloud and post the link here.

Comment

Here is the link to the upgrade.pkg file extracted from the zip
                    https://paste.c-net.org/VehiclesMidway
                    (I dont know how to uload on the badcaps cloud so I use a pastebin-like service)

Comment

Here is the link to the upgrade.pkg file extracted from the zip
                      https://paste.c-net.org/VehiclesMidway
                      (I dont know how to uload on the badcaps cloud so I use a pastebin-like service)
                      You better put this file in rar (original) as it is, because when unpacking, uploading and downloading the file itself may suffer (change the checksum).

Comment

Oh sorry, I've uploaded the original zip, thanks
                        https://paste.c-net.org/StacySearches

Comment

Yes, this service firmware, if you can’t restore TV with it, I’ll post another one for you, while I give instructions on how to do it correctly:

1. Unzip the downloaded “upgrade.pkg” file to the root directory of the USB stick, i.e. open the drive and copy the update file there (For full compatibility of USB drives with TV, I advise you to use flash drives no more than 2 GB with the Fat16 or Fat32 file system).
                          2. Disconnect the TV from the power supply - remove the plug from the socket.
                          3. Connect the flash drive with the prepared update file to the TV.
                          4. Connect the TV to the power supply.
                          After the power is turned on, the software update will start automatically.
                          - Do not press any keys on the remote control.
                          - Do not remove the drive from the TV during the update.
                          - Do not disconnect the TV from the network during the update.
                          After the update is completed, the TV will restart automatically and after turning it on, it will enter the USB content display mode.
                          5. Put the TV in the mode of viewing on-air channels.
                          6. Disconnect the USB drive.
                          7. Restart the TV through the menu: Menu / Settings / TV settings / General settings / Reinstall TV
                          8. After the initial TV setup screen appears, remove the plug from the outlet for 5-10 minutes (for de-energization, it is not recommended to use the switch on the surge protector, mechanical removal of the TV plug from the outlet is required).
                          9. After disconnecting the USB drive from the TV, delete the update file by connecting it to the PC again.

Comment

Thank you very much lotas for detailing the whole process that's very kind from you.
                            I've ordered a second hand 2gb usb drive on ebay, an old one judging by the pic, maybe it has the same age as the tv (around 10 years) hoping it will work because I am not confident at all to replace the NAND and reprogram it etc, I won't be able to do this. Fingers crossed.
                            I'll update you as soon as I have some new stuff to share, thanks again !

Edit: btw I dont have to press a key on the remote while the tv starts? I read we have to press the down button, sometimes it's the ok button... ?

Comment

There is nothing to press, the process should start automatically

Comment

Hi @lotas it's me alfonzzo I created a new account since I can't access the other one anymore. I received the usb drive and made the test, following your instructions, but unfortunatly the tv keeps restarting over and over again
                                I guess there is nothing more to do, apart from unsoldering the chip and replacing it by another one and reprogramming it.Which I won't be able to do so I'll just trash the tv...

Comment

Working...
                                X