Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma PN63C550 Replaced Y-SUS Voltages Good, Then Drop

Got in a Sammy PN63...

Initially, voltages were all over the place at power up.. Determined it was the Y-SUS.. Replaced it with a probable good one...

Now I get Sammy Startup Tones and voltages are good. But nothing on the display panel and voltages drop like a rock after initially reading GOOD...

No obvious bad caps and fuses all check out..

I was thinking Power board, but don't think I would get good voltages initially if the Power PCB was toast...

Control board??
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Plasma PN63C550 Replaced Y-SUS Voltages Good, Then Drop

Speaking of the Control Board..

It has an LED that has a pattern when the TV is turned on.. 6 sec on, 3 sec off, 6 sec on, 3 sec off, etc etc etc...

There are also a pair of jumpers that, if I remember right, can be used for diagnostics??
    Attached Files

Comment

Your plug CN2006 on the control board is NOT seated properly. The leds indicate temperature and indicate the board is working

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        Your plug CN2006 on the control board is NOT seated properly. The leds indicate temperature and indicate the board is working
        DOH!!! Thanx...

Comment

Fixed it.. Didn't change anything..

One thing I noticed.. Normally, when you power up the TV, the Power LED blinks a couple times and then goes off and the TV comes on..

IN this case, the Power LED stays on...

Comment

You mean doing as R_J suggested fixed it or something beyond that ?

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
              You mean doing as R_J suggested fixed it or something beyond that ?
              I fixed the issue that RJ pointed out.

Unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem in the TV..

Due to the Power LED not functioning normally (stays on after TV powers up) I am leaning towards the Main Video Board...

Comment

I have an opportunity to buy all the parts for this TV sans the Power PCB for $100....

I think I am going to go for it cuz it doesn't look like a Power issue...

Comment

Buffers or Xsus....
                  TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                  http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                  PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Freeze that IC under the wafer to the right of the yellow transformer on the ysus. Then immediately power up. See if you get picture. I believe this is an infinion IC tjat controls VSCAN
                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 05-17-2018, 10:01 PM.
                    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                      Freeze that IC under the wafer to the right of the yellow transformer on the ysus. Then immediately power up. See if you get picture. I believe this is an infinion IC tjat controls VSCAN
                      I'll check that, once I get the LG off the bench... Thanx...

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post

No luck..

I froze the marked component and still got the same.. Sammy tones, no display...

The replacement parts should be here Thu... As long as the problem is not a bad Power PCB, I should have this up and running by Thu.

Thanx for the reply...
                        Attached Files

Comment

OK Looks like the problem was the Y-SUS board...

I got the gamut of parts from this model.. All but the Power PCB...

Replaced the Main.. Nope.. Still no go.. Replaced the Control Board and then X-SUS.. Nope...

Replaced the Y-SUS... Ahhhhh Houston, we have a picture!!

So, then I reversed my steps and put all the old boards back in... X-SUS, Control Main... All good..

Thanx for all the replies.. Chalk this up as another win...

Comment

Working...
                          X