LG 55EC930V OLED - 3 Second Power No Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55EC930V OLED - 3 Second Power No Display

Diah I've not been doing this for very long. I see the socket for the scart adapter. I only have a Samsung adapter so would need to order one.

I can however confirm that a MAC address IS being generated by the TV via LAN!!

I am here to learn and I thank you all for your support.

Cheers

Comment

Are there any LEDS lighting up on main board? There should be 2 I believe.
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

you bought till now 2 sets and both no one deliver with it its SCART adapter ?? also no RC with them...

no need to order one. as i know fillips lg Samsung should be all the same socket. if not please upload very clear photo on the panel parts where the 4 ribbon go down to it.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
          Are there any LEDS lighting up on main board? There should be 2 I believe.
          Yes theres one LED from what I can see LD11401. It is red and is iluminated when TV is powered up.

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          you bought till now 2 sets and both no one deliver with it its SCART adapter ?? also no RC with them...

no need to order one. as i know fillips lg Samsung should be all the same socket. if not please upload very clear photo on the panel parts where the 4 ribbon go down to it.
          The only item I have is the original remote for the broken screen TV.
          I have now tried with the Samsung adapter with scart connected to a working hitachi set and couldnt get anything through to the hitachi.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Billsy View Post
            I have now tried with the Samsung adapter with scart connected to a working hitachi set and couldnt get anything through to the hitachi.
            the Hitachi of course on Scart IN Input source..
            i do believe your MB 100% working .. just we need to do other tests to narrow the fault . until you provide here what i asked you before on the photo. please run the following test all should be the LG turn on and it show the dim on left right side corner as you showed us before

1- plug in LG air mouse or USB mouse at any of the USB 2. and when the red LED of the mouse turn on mean its ready to use.. move it over left right. press left once or right once and look on the screen the is there trace of mouse ?

2- download from this post https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=12 and install it on your tablet which it had IR choice LG the most one you will have all what we need for LG service remote. after finish while TV on
            press command EZ-ADJUST hope the code box will show if not show up just inter with LG original remote 0-4-1-3 don't do any more.. just check the screen if it show any.. if not put the tv IN STB and turn it on again.

3- Press on the tablet IN_STOP also if you see or not the code pox put the No one by one 0 4 1 3 the TV should go to STB alone.. this will reset the LG to factory shipping.

let see if there any change will happened

Comment

So I plugged in the usb receiver for my wireless mouse then switched on the TV and its working perfectly! Didn't need to do anything else. It's playing a movie from a memory stick as I type. Do you think the usb triggered something or has it just decided to self calibrate or something?

Attached Files

Comment

So I plugged in the usb receiver for my wireless mouse then switched on the TV and its working perfectly! Didn't need to do anything else. It's playing a movie from a memory stick as I type. Do you think the usb triggered something or has it just decided to self calibrate or something?

we still at the test. i cant tell you what i have on my mind.. but its now enough to you know yours TV okay.. but still we have an issue ...

please do the other test i suggest.

Comment

The RCoid app I am using already has the EZ-ADJUST and IN_STOP commands.

EZ-ADJUST menu comes up without needing a code. I didn't adjust anything, just powered off and on again.

IN_STOP flashed up a message momentarily then powered off like you said. When powered on, went through first time installation.

So what are you thinking? Could there be a problem still?
                  Thanks
                  Last edited by Billsy; 02-09-2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

There is some very light vertical banding on the screen.
                    Also quite obvious posterization which I'm hoping I can tweak out via the picture settings.

Comment

There is some very light vertical banding on the screen.
                      Also quite obvious posterization which I'm hoping I can tweak out via the picture settings.
                      make IN_STOP at your set with out any air mouse or cable Sat or wall local cable connectect,, also al solo set and you are fine... enjoy yours lg

check the firmware and let it updated to the last one 5.55.55 enjoy

Comment

Diah, Freak

Thank you both so much for your time and patience. I've certainly learnt a few new tricks and I'm sure others will benefit from this also.

All the best

Comment

I'm back guys

A quick update and a couple of questions. So after a around 5 hours of run time the posterization has gone and now the picture is great.
                          I've only run the set for around 90 mins at a time as the screen is getting hot. Do OLEDs run hot? What screen temperature should I expect? It's currently 41c after 30 mins.

The thing I'm most unhappy about is the vertical banding. It's quite obvious sometimes. Is there a way to correct this like a manual pixel refresh/compensation cycle??

Pictures to follow
                          Thanks

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

OLED Screen specially 65 size above we call it in room winter heating system, at yours 41degree still good. as i guess you have room temperature 22 somethings

this effect you have now it will be reduced and away after time use.. it happen now because you removed before the ribbon cable and LVDS. and of sure you didn't brought them each back at its place.. so the reading of LVDS Freq depth has being changed and the set clever enough to adjust this value self.

yours main issue was Panel driver didn't load at start up.the air mouse receiver push the driver again to load again as it need display driver at operation

Comment

Thanks Diah. Very thorough as usual. The panel only raised another 2c after an hour so nothing to wory about I guess.

Do you think a forced pixel refresh will help with the banding?

Thanks

Comment

if you look at the link of the "other oled", I do believe that freakaftr8 found some way to "help" the screen uniformity with some sort of "exercising"... not sure if it was service menu item or regular menu. It might help with banding ... don't remember.

Comment

Thanks Diah. Very thorough as usual. The panel only raised another 2c after an hour so nothing to wory about I guess.

Do you think a forced pixel refresh will help with the banding?

Thanks
                                    doing or schedule pixel refresh on next start up will not harm the panel at all. but there are other way to clean an let panel calibrated automatically. after you finish watching don't put the set in STB. just from working state plug it out from wall socket. next day you plug it in it will be refreshed

Comment

Great job! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                        if you look at the link of the "other oled", I do believe that freakaftr8 found some way to "help" the screen uniformity with some sort of "exercising"... not sure if it was service menu item or regular menu. It might help with banding ... don't remember.
                                        Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                        Great job! Enjoy!
                                        Thanks guys. I'm finding the banding to be quite annoying. Freak can you help with the procedure to do the refresh or exercising? I don't see it in the menus.

Thanks

Comment

Can you take a close up picture of the banding that you're talking about if it's vertical bars that are spread about 2" apart, some are lighter in some are darker this was something I was never able to completely cure as it is a common issue with OLED. The newer TV's have gotten better with this but the older TV's use drivers to drive not only the backlighting system because it's organic but the pixel data at the same time similar to a plasma. It may get better as time goes on and it may not.

Look at the Google forums especially AVS and a pretty sure your see a lot of other units with this banding issue.

Comment

Working...
                                          X