Help find compatible MOSFET from Asus FA506 DABXBMBAD0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help find compatible MOSFET from Asus FA506 DABXBMBAD0

I have a coffee damaged asus laptop with shorted mosfet for vram. Trying to find replacement but I am struggling to. Markings are M3966M and I have attached image of mosfet. Schematics are available which say chip is a QM3966M6 but i am unable to find this chip no matter what combination of letters i put in. I can see there exists an m3966m3 chip but this appears to be the wrong size and markings are different.

I have attached schematic as well to help, mosfet is on page 44 of pdf. I do not know where to start to find a compatible mosfet so any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Help find compatible MOSFET from Asus FA506 DABXBMBAD0

Hi, the chip you need is the QM3966M, the marking on the chip is M3966M and the rest is the date and batch number etc. Here is a site where they sell the chip. I hope this will help you.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002748927405.html

Comment

Shorted high-side MOSFET on VRAM power rail of modern GPUs usually result in both dead VRAM and dead GPU.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thank you JaroTech for the reply, but I am not sure this is the correct chip. it seems shorter and the underside shows pad sizes that are different. Very possibly might work but i am not convinced.

I know that this usually kills vram/gpu but do you not think it is worth it to replace chip and find out for sure. For how much the board is worth i would think its worth to spend the few dollars to try out a new chip.
        Last edited by Blastsail; 05-07-2022, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Check resistance to ground first. If it's low you have your answer.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Resistance is 10 ohms, laptop boots and drivers install but i dont want to stress test the gpu without this second mosfet installed to find out whether is has been damaged. Thanks anyway for replying, guess i should have provided more info in the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by Blastsail View Post
              I have a coffee damaged asus laptop with shorted mosfet for vram. Trying to find replacement but I am struggling to. Markings are M3966M and I have attached image of mosfet. Schematics are available which say chip is a QM3966M6
              Do you discovered if is a N or P mosfet?
              thank you in advance

Comment

it was an N btw

Comment

M3966M which mosfet should be installed instead I need this information right now but there is no information anywhere
                  Last edited by egelaptop; 04-10-2023, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by egelaptop View Post
                    which mosfet should be installed instead I need this information right now but there is no information anywhere
                    Also, I would be grateful if anyone can read what is the mosfet loss model in the marked place in the photo.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Did you find it ???

Comment

See attached = PQ11 = QM3962M6
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X