Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Precision 3520 Bios

Thanks mcplslg123 your advice is solid.

I could not agree more on the "don't mess with hardware unless necessary".

I attach the original bios dump the board was on when it started dying.
    If someone could have a look for any bios corruption?

Thanks...
    Attached Files

Re: Dell Precision 3520 Bios

Try this bios .
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks SMDFlea,
      Didn't work, same behavior.

Can someone provide a full working dump from ALL 3 flash chips on a Dell Precision 3520 with an i7-7820HQ cpu?
      Don't care if it's password protected, i just want to see if it brings the board to life.

UC5 is the main bios (under the fan)
      UT2 and UT6 are for Thunderbolt firmware and EC settings (next to the USB-C plug).

Comment

Your backup bios had corrupt ME firmware,i only cleaned it, i`ll post another bios with the latest update merged as there could be corruption in the bios region too.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

New bios . service tag: CFXCSQ2 .Give it some time,it may reboot a few times .
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-10-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

No luck, same thing.
            On 1st DC connection, the power light goes on for 3-4 secs and then it stays off, the battery led blinks white forever.

I left it settle for 15 mins before i tried to power it on manually (long power button press). It powers on for like 10 secs then stays off (and behavior is repeated).

PS (correct me if i am wrong)
            To my knowledge, ME firmware is a combination of a piece of BIOS code, and a piece of firmware that is flashed directly inside the CPU when the ME version is changed in the bios.
            Plus those 2 pieces of code MUST agree (be on the same version).

So far, all efforts on my board were done on the bios side, but cpu part of the ME-firmware must be still the same since the cpu update part needs a working board to run.

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

You have a hardware issue,i beleive both bios i posted are good.

Comment

I will ask the community again,

Can someone provide a full working dump (programmer readout, and unmodified) from ALL 3 flash chips on a Dell Precision 3520 with an i7-7820HQ cpu?

It has been proven (also by me) that ANY modification on late (>2016-2017) generation Dell laptop bios can lead to similar behavior. It does not pass the built in digital signature tampering verification, so only a good readout from the same hardware will work.
                On a 2017 dell Latitude (same generation) i requested a NVME module replacement bios, which caused a "CPU failure" led code. Restoring the original dump fixed it.

Thanks...
                Last edited by Asxetos21; 12-11-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  Try this bios .
                  thank you
                  bios working 100%

Comment

hi
                    my laptop is precision 3520 Serice Tag : 6CGHJM2 MB: LA-E151P REV 1 (no display issue)
                    i try SMDFlea BIOS file in post 2# but no display .
                    I Attache my orginal file . can any one fix it for me thanks.

Attached Files
                    .Today should be different from yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                    X