1 thin horizontal line across Laptop lcd screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 thin horizontal line across Laptop lcd screen

Hi I have a laptop lcd screen with 1 thin horizontal line across screen (red) is it possible to repair this or just replace the whole screen?.

Input appreciated.

Re: 1 thin horizontal line across Laptop lcd screen

Well, I can think of a couple of reason for that behavior:
    - one pin of the ribbon cable went loose (cold solder joints), which are a pain to fix
    - a micro break in the LCD glass that cuts an entire line, or transistor inside the glass that activates the entire line, is dead -- can't be fixed
    - video card artifact - check if the external VGA output port shows the same line
    - the board that converts the analog video signal to digital is broken - diagnosed through elimination

Basically, go to a service and ask them to test your laptop display on another board, and see if the problem persists.

Comment

Probably driver chip on panel flex failed -- would need screen swapped.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by scobie_21 View Post
        Hi I have a laptop lcd screen with 1 thin horizontal line across screen (red) is it possible to repair this or just replace the whole screen?.

Input appreciated.
        Panel problem. Usually replace the whole panel.

Comment

Could be delamintation of the ribbon cable to the panel. Try gently squeezing around the edges where the line goes to and see if that affects it at all.

Comment

Working...
          X