"Frankensteined" Fuse (brand) Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Frankensteined" Fuse (brand) Monitor

The following is a story of how I revived an otherwise garbage monitor using other monitor parts and the spare power connector on the power supply inside the tower:
    Had this Fuse brand montor sitting on the shelf for a couple of months. Tired of moving it around, because the inverter portion of the power supply was nuked so it was unusable. I have a small collection of LCD boards kicking around, including one in patricular. Don't know what it was from, but the inverter section was fine. So I proceeded to use the dremel tool and cut the inverter off of the bad part of the board. (power section). I installed it into the case of the monitor, ran leads out, terminated to fit the P3 power supply in my "install bay" tower to supply 5V and 12V. I plugged everything in, and voila, another one saved from the landfill! The sound section and brightness all work, and I saved one ac outlet to plug in the trouble light instead of using another extension cord! All in all, this was an experiment to see if it would work, and try to recycle some otherwise useless stuff. So far so good!

Re: "Frankensteined" Fuse (brand) Monitor

Originally posted by xtraelectronics
    The following is a story of how I revived an otherwise garbage monitor using other monitor parts and the spare power connector on the power supply inside the tower:
    Had this Fuse brand montor sitting on the shelf for a couple of months. Tired of moving it around, because the inverter portion of the power supply was nuked so it was unusable. I have a small collection of LCD boards kicking around, including one in patricular. Don't know what it was from, but the inverter section was fine. So I proceeded to use the dremel tool and cut the inverter off of the bad part of the board. (power section). I installed it into the case of the monitor, ran leads out, terminated to fit the P3 power supply in my "install bay" tower to supply 5V and 12V. I plugged everything in, and voila, another one saved from the landfill! The sound section and brightness all work, and I saved one ac outlet to plug in the trouble light instead of using another extension cord! All in all, this was an experiment to see if it would work, and try to recycle some otherwise useless stuff. So far so good!
    I've done something similar before. Do you have pics of the Franken-unit?
    There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
    • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
    • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
    • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
    • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
    • Windows 10 Pro x64
    • GeForce GT1050
      2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Re: "Frankensteined" Fuse (brand) Monitor

I didn't have the camaera handy, but I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X