The Dreaded Dell monitor problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dreaded Dell monitor problem..

Thanks for all of your help, guys. I'm an elementary school computer instructor and would like to move from CRT to flat panel (it gets REAL hot in the Lab, and I hate running the AC in January here in Wisconsin). School is cancelled today because of extreme cold, so I'm going to head in and give this a try. I may also get my hands on five more of these real soon and have asked my students via a parent newsletter to bring in their old PS 1s & 2s for my use. This could work out real good, for cheap. Will advise.

Comment

Well, that didn't work. I believe I have a different model PS2 than the one pictured, FIXITNOW. Mine is a model SCPH-101 and bears little resemblence, certainly no fuses cleanly marked '20,' although I did find one marked '63.' So I think I'll wait and see what models the students bring in, if any.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blinkdt
        Well, that didn't work. I believe I have a different model PS2 than the one pictured, FIXITNOW. Mine is a model SCPH-101 and bears little resemblence, certainly no fuses cleanly marked '20,' although I did find one marked '63.' So I think I'll wait and see what models the students bring in, if any.
        That's a PSOne (An original playstation, but with an external PSU).
        That's why it is not like the picture above and not like the PS2 either.
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050
          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

a search on the web will usualy find most playstation board layout try google
          seach on repairing your model number
          thats how i got the other picture

Comment

Thanks for that information. I think I'm just going to go to DigiKey and order a dozen.

Comment

Hi Just wanted to tell all of you that I solved my monitor because of all the solution in this thread. It was the little fuse in the inverter as said before. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X