Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westinghouse 19" lcd

Hello,
    First of all I want to thank you all for having this site ...it has helped me with these westinghouse monitors. I purchased 7 used units all of which were not working and all h;ave the same symtom. In your archive you recommended change out of all caps which I have already done. I did find the small fuse with an open and have bridged it with solder and now have the reading value of 14.89 volts dc at jumper 204, this worked with one unit. but the others have still got a way to go I get good votage comming out of one mosfet but the othe only has voltage in the center pin. Now the symtom has changed to green led blinking and backlight fickering but not remaining on. Should I change out the mosfets and can you please advise me on how to know if I am shorted out somewhere.
    Thank you Very,
    ED
    Bigedinphoenix@yahoo.com

Re: Westinghouse 19" lcd

Originally posted by bigedinphoenix
    Hello,
    First of all I want to thank you all for having this site ...it has helped me with these westinghouse monitors. I purchased 7 used units all of which were not working and all h;ave the same symtom. In your archive you recommended change out of all caps which I have already done. I did find the small fuse with an open and have bridged it with solder and now have the reading value of 14.89 volts dc at jumper 204, this worked with one unit. but the others have still got a way to go I get good votage comming out of one mosfet but the othe only has voltage in the center pin. Now the symtom has changed to green led blinking and backlight fickering but not remaining on. Should I change out the mosfets and can you please advise me on how to know if I am shorted out somewhere.
    Thank you Very,
    ED
    Bigedinphoenix@yahoo.com
    Ed,

I'd suggest taking this thread to the 'Troubleshooting Compute Displays' subforum on this site. They already have a thread on Westinghouse LCD displays.

PlainBill (also in Phoenix)
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Re: Westinghouse 19" lcd

Thank you for the suggestion...
      Ed

Comment

Working...
      X