Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*FIXED* Suyama MJ7CNA Monitor - backlight kept turning off after a second!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*FIXED* Suyama MJ7CNA Monitor - backlight kept turning off after a second!

My mum had a problem with this second hand monitor. Its not a bad one, and didnt want to chuck it if it was repairable.

The backlight would turn off after a second. The image was still there as could be seen by shining a torch close to the screen.

I ruled out the backlights as theres 2 in there and would be too much of a coincidence if both had gone at the same time. Could'nt find any bad caps either, but did notice a kind of scorch mark in the middle of one of the toroids. So I looked underneath, and it looked like a dry solder. Resoldered it, and it now works fine!!! Yay!

Hope this helps others who may have similar symptoms.

Re: *FIXED* Suyama MJ7CNA Monitor - backlight kept turning off after a second!

I cannot get the cabinet open Is it just to prise it appart after taking out 6 screws I do not have a manual Thank you Graham

Comment

Re: *FIXED* Suyama MJ7CNA Monitor - backlight kept turning off after a second!

See if you can lift the front bezel a little,and gently pull ,I usually start at the top in the centre,and then if it gives you enough room to get a flat knife etc in the gap made, work your way around.

Comment

Working...
      X