Samsung HG46EC890XB LED 5x blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung HG46EC890XB LED 5x blinks

I have in the workshop a Samsung HG46EC890XB hotel TV - won't switch on - led flashes 5 times

Some Info on web says possible PS or LED - but I'm doubtful - with Main Board disconnected LED's light up fine, LED tester shows led's ok, only other output from the PS is 13v feed to the main board, that reads at 12.8v on my meter

I'm thinking it's a main board problem (BN41-02160A) - corrupted data?

Any thoughts - anyone have facility to check/repair this main board?

-

Based on Screen CY-SH046DSLV1H and the other boards, I'm guessing this hotel set is a variation on a domestic tv

Samsung
    Hotel model HG46EC890XB ~ Domestic model UE46H7000ST ?
    Hotel Main Board BN41-02160A ~ Domestic Main Board BN94-07343F ?

Re: Samsung HG46EC890XB LED 5x blinks

Need pictures of your boards and connector legend from power to mainboard.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Main BN41-02160A
      Attached Files

Comment

just wondering if it's set up in some weird arse hotel mode way, that might be keeping it from operating right without the hotel remote? just had a little lg that was set with 4 area bs, couldn't get it to do anything but come on and say contact hotel manager or some weird shit.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-19-2022, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Do you get a ps-on signal?

Comment

nomoresonys - weird arse hotel mode -
            it's a thought, but imagined it would switch on via buttons on the back

dskall - ps-on signal? -
            seems there is only 1x 13v rail output to the Main board (and that's there all the time), haven't checked for a ps-on signal but guess it's not coming as the LED don't light (unless I disconnect the main board - ie the main board is holding the backlights off) - will explore tomorrow

Comment

dskall - ps-on signal? -
              On checking - there are ps-on signals coming from the main board - the 13v rail rises and falls according to the signal, but the LED's are held off -
              so I disconnected the feed holding the LED's off, screen then lit up but no sign of any graphics on the screen - confirms in my mind that the problem lies with the main board - corrupt data?

Comment

Made no progress with this TV - corrupt date or locked in a weird arse hotel mode? - can't even match the Main Board, T-con or Screen numbers to a regular domestic model - maybe I'll come across a similar Samsung 46" with broken screen at some stage, make one out of the two?

Comment

I would try pushing or heating processor and then try turning it on. Maybe bad bga connections.

Comment

Working...
                  X