Philips 55PUS6262 no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 55PUS6262 no picture

I have noticed that there is a other line of small caps that give different readings that the rest. In diode mode I'm getting ~150 (while heslthy ones return 500-600s) when testing leg-to-leg, they also give 135.9 ohm resistance which seems low.

Comment

are any reading short, one probe to ground the other on each side, one side shoud be around 000, if both are close to 000 you have a short, that's if your meter doesn't have the beep, if it has beep then you just listen for steady beep on both sides which would mean a short.

Comment

those reading do seem a little odd, are those the same size physically as the ones reading 500-600?

Comment

One leg gives 000, another ~150, again should be 600ish+.
          Yes, sometimes there are 2 visually identical caps next to each other, one perfectly fine and another one sketchy.
          I didn't check the entire board yet but there's quite a lot of them. Always small caps. See attachment: the C1604 was on the previously shorted line, now giving good readings, C1000 acts weird as described.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yep... I get similar readings on a different tv, same caps as yours.
            Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
              Yep... I get similar readings on a different tv, same caps as yours.

You mean on a working TV?

Comment

maybe carefully remove c1000, and test it out of circuit, you can try the tv with the cap removed too, to see if there's any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  maybe carefully remove c1000, and test it out of circuit, you can try the tv with the cap removed too, to see if there's any difference.
                  I'll start looking around the spot that had previous bad cap, there's wuite a lot caps goving same readings as C1000

Comment

ok, understandable, I guess they could be ok, or maybe one bad one is making them all read the same, maybe like if one is short many will read short, if they are in parallel with each other.

Comment

That was the case with the previous short, I have noticed (and cleaned) a small stain on the bottom of the glass and the shorted cap was close to it, that's why I'm planning to look around there. I'll let you know if I found anything.

Comment

can you show us the real fault of the picture left and right side ??

did you inspect the ribbon cable under magnifier to be sure you don't have any shortness with contact pins??

did you downgrade the firmware before you start with HW checking.. to close SW fault possibility ???

this steps above needed for troubleshooting in order to be at the correct way to avoid diving at wrong side.

Comment

The ribbon cables were suspected at the beginning and replaced with T-Con. Tried downgrading, flashing went succesfullu but didn't help.
                          At the moment there isn't much to show. Both LVDS connected = no picture, left disconnected - left side white, right side completely black, right disconnected - right side white, left side shows normal picture.

As stated in previous posts, I am getting purplish/pinkish artifacts, sometimes with picture disappearing, with just good side connected. Rhe artifacts react to me pressing down the middle of LVDS connector, panel side. They seem to react on pressing the T-Con side LVDS connector, but not as much as panel-side. I'll try to post photo of this phenomenon in a minute or two.

Becore I replaced the shorted capacitor, powering the TV with only bad side connected gave no picture at all, now the disconnected part is white.

EDIT: photos posted. After playing a while with the TCon side connector - to get the half picture OK for a photo - I have noticed that the previously white part of the screen started to slowly fade to grey, then to black, with some.darker areas on it. Also some of the artifacts seemed to slightly affect the disconnected area as well.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by mrsith; 05-24-2022, 08:44 AM.

Comment

take out the bezel of the screen and inspect the rand glass of the panel carefully if there any broken.. also if your Panel buffer boards on each side where of 2 parts and there U ribbon cable connect them , disconnect to see if you get display 3/4 screen

BTW if you get back the result as same to this photo.. stop playing with ribboon cable to avoid damage them again
                            Last edited by Diah; 05-24-2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I did check the panel carefully and haven't noticed any cracks, chips or other damage. Just some stains cleaned up with IPA.

There are only 2 panel boards. If I press on the tape in the middle, there is no effect, just pressing the LVDS connector makes the picture ok. No idea how it got stabilised earlier.

Originally (as far as I can remember from ad pics) this TV had half of the screen whitish with some artifacts on the other side. Went from this to no picture literally before my eyes when seller turned it on for me.

I'll ask this question again: is it anyhow possible that the original, fixed already short fried something on both old and new t-con boards? I mean is there any point in getting another one to test?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsith View Post
                                I did check the panel carefully and haven't noticed any cracks, chips or other damage. Just some stains cleaned up with IPA.

There are only 2 panel boards. If I press on the tape in the middle, there is no effect, just pressing the LVDS connector makes the picture ok. No idea how it got stabilised earlier.

Originally (as far as I can remember from ad pics) this TV had half of the screen whitish with some artifacts on the other side. Went from this to no picture literally before my eyes when seller turned it on for me.

I'll ask this question again: is it anyhow possible that the original, fixed already short fried something on both old and new t-con boards? I mean is there any point in getting another one to test?
                                wait please.. before answer your questiones... we have 2 points need to clear the missunderstanding..
                                1- what do you meen with ( If I press on the tape in the middle ) ?? can you show us this Type ? it may the U ribbon i mentioned before !!

2- the LVDS socket... at your first post you put 2 photos on T-CON this one & this one which the LVDS socket had unusuall ( black or brocken )at Pin 9 close to VCC 12V.(F1)??

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                  the LVDS socket had unusuall ( black or brocken )at Pin 9 close to VCC 12V.(F1)??
                                  Yes, I see that, now you point it out.
                                  Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

That's some good eye for the detail there! Unfortunately that was just a piece of dirt. Closeup pic attached.

What places I meant I pressed - marked with X, red X is THE spot, however if I press on blue x the picture clears as well, it's just more difficult here and requires more force. By pressing the tape in the middle I meant pressing it against chassis or my own finger, not on the connectors, just the tape itself.

I had one more look around the panel, and at the end of the bad side it looks like some kind of laminate isn't 100% perfectly glued? Not easy to explain and even more difficult to capture on picture but I tried.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

here are your issue.
                                      1- about bad image on left side.. you need to fix the ribbon cable corectly .. you may need to clean the socket from any rest of perviouse danaged ribbon cable pins contact.
                                      2- thislaminate at the rand on the right side under it you have thin film which had rail vcc + and GND. any cut off of one or both lines at it the display will not produce image when both ribbon connected.. as the T-COn will cut off.

Comment

Closeups attached, does it look like it? I'm afraid I know the answer but...is that it with this panel then? No chances and no point to waste more time?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

and you closely inspected the solder joints on the connector on the tcon side that ribbon cable connects to?

Comment

Working...
                                          X