Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Alienware 17R4 goes on and off,. Please help

Good Day.

I have received an Dell Alienware 17R4 which is faulty and will not turn on,

Intel Core i7 7700hq, Gtx1070, 8Gb, The laptop i got yesterday in pieces, I have tested the motherboard, Test Results

19V present, 3.3v, 5v present,.pwrbtn 3v present, bios chip 25q128 has o voltage and further no other voltages are present, power button press reacts and 3.3v and 5v goes on and off when pwrbtn pressed.

PCH3.3v and bioschip 3,3v was missing before and after pwrbtn press so i replaced ENE KBC,. with another from dell alienware 15R3,. After replacing kbc, i got 3.3v on pch and all bios chips,

now when i press the power button the board goes on and off for 3 times, and then stays on but cpu, gpu, memory volatges go off,
    when i press pwrbtn and then test voltages, then cpu vcccp, vcore, comes on, memory, gpu ram etc 1v, 1.8v simply all voltages are but after going on cpu vrm, gpu vrm and memory vrom goes out,

no short, no liquid etc,.

Thanks
    Last edited by shahnld; 10-15-2020, 02:05 AM.

Re: Dell Alienware 17R4 goes on and off,. Please help

Update..

The power board was missing. Now connected to the board. Getting 2x red 1x blue blinks. Which means cpu failure. So. Is it really cpu or something else.

Where to test to isolate if its cpu..??

Comment

first Flash BIOS with a working one back up old bin , find out DC to DC 3/5 VS not ALW ok or not

Comment

Good day.
        Thanks for your reply. When i plug ac adapter then i have 19v. 3.3v and 5v available. When i press power button i get gpu core voltage. Memory voltage pch 3.3v pch 1.8v and the laptop goes on and off for 3 times and then it stays on for the forth time but gpu cpu and pch 1.8v are gone.

Today i removed cpu inductors and then i pressed power button and i noticed that the laptop stayed on and did not went off. All voltages were present beside cpu core voltage.

I have made a backup of w25q128 and then flashed usb programmer 4, 5 times with different bios dumps and .bin even the backup i made. but its just the same.

To notice one thing. Yesterday i also had cpu core voltage and cpu was getting warm like normally but laptop was going out with cpu error led flash 2x1. I do not what nappened. Now all the symptoms are the same only i dont get any core voltage on cpu. The only voltage i get on cpu is VCCIOP on pl509 and VCCSA on pl506.. further no core voltage since yesterday..

2x red 1x blue.

Any suggestions further.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by shahnld; 10-17-2020, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Do i need to check 3vs by (U17) AOZ1331. A 5vs and 3vs switch....?? Some instructions needed..

Comment

3.3valw and 5valw are present. Pwrbtn press generates 3vs and 5vs on PU17 So i assume it is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
              first Flash BIOS with a working one back up old bin , find out DC to DC 3/5 VS not ALW ok or not

Good Day.

I have received an Dell Alienware 17R4 which is faulty and will not turn on,

Intel Core i7 7700hq, Gtx1070, 8Gb, The laptop i got yesterday in pieces, I have tested the motherboard, Test Results

19V present, 3.3v, 5v present,.pwrbtn 3v present, bios chip 25q128 has o voltage and further no other voltages are present, power button press reacts and 3.3v and 5v goes on and off when pwrbtn pressed.

PCH3.3v and bioschip 3,3v was missing before and after pwrbtn press so i replaced ENE KBC,. with another from dell alienware 15R3,. After replacing kbc, i got 3.3v on pch and all bios chips,

now when i press the power button the board goes on and off for 3 times, and then stays on but cpu, gpu, memory volatges go off,
              when i press pwrbtn and then test voltages, then cpu vcccp, vcore, comes on, memory, gpu ram etc 1v, 1.8v simply all voltages are but after going on cpu vrm, gpu vrm and memory vrom goes out,

no short, no liquid etc,.

Thanks
              Last edited by shahnld; 10-15-2020 at 10:05 AM..
              shahnld is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
              Old 10-15-2020, 12:02 PM #2
              shahnld

City & State: Amsterdam
              My Country: Netherlands
              I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
              Default Re: Dell Alienware 17R4 goes on and off,. Please help
              Update..

The power board was missing. Now connected to the board. Getting 2x red 1x blue blinks. Which means cpu failure. So. Is it really cpu or something else.

Where to test to isolate if its cpu..??
              shahnld is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
              Old 10-16-2020, 09:44 AM #3
              techtiger
              Badcaps Veteran

City & State: paris
              My Country: france
              techtiger is online now Report Post Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
              Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM #4
              shahnld

City & State: Amsterdam
              My Country: Netherlands
              Good day.
              Thanks for your reply. When i plug ac adapter then i have 19v. 3.3v and 5v available. When i press power button i get gpu core voltage. Memory voltage pch 3.3v pch 1.8v and the laptop goes on and off for 3 times and then it stays on for the forth time but gpu cpu and pch 1.8v are gone.

Today i removed cpu inductors and then i pressed power button and i noticed that the laptop stayed on and did not went off. All voltages were present beside cpu core voltage.

I have made a backup of w25q128 and then flashed usb programmer 4, 5 times with different bios dumps and .bin even the backup i made. but its just the same.

To notice one thing. Yesterday i also had cpu core voltage and cpu was getting warm like normally but laptop was going out with cpu error led flash 2x1. I do not what nappened. Now all the symptoms are the same only i dont get any core voltage on cpu. The only voltage i get on cpu is VCCIOP on pl509 and VCCSA on pl506.. further no core voltage since yesterday..

2x red 1x blue.

Any suggestions further.

Comment

hello did you fix your issues yet? i have the same problem with 15r3 LA-D751P. I have already replace CPU and PCH but still no luck, VCCST 1.05V but VCC_Core and VCCGT 0V

Comment

Good Day.

i know its too late to reply due to i dont get any notification notification when there is new reply.. No i did not got it to work. i just found a refurbushed motherboard.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X