resistance burned adp 240 ar power supply ps4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

resistance burned adp 240 ar power supply ps4

hi, does anyone know the value of this resistance located in F3?
    Attached Files

Re: resistance burned adp 240 ar power supply ps4

im not sure but maybe ask on this group f3 i think is a fuse have you tested other parts for shorts as thats parts blown for a reason.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ps4repair101/
    Edit!! ive asked on this group for advice as im a member.
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 08-25-2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

I've got a ADP 240CR here.
      Colours look to be brown, blue, silver, gold. Has continuity like a fuse.
      Attached Files

Comment

It could also be red instead of brown.
        Last edited by diif; 08-25-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
          is it a fuseable resistor? just wondered by the f marking on the pcb so 0.16 or 0.26 ohms 0.5 watt i guess
          Last edited by vinceroger69; 08-25-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Here's a pic. And I have some if you need it. Did you repair what caused it to blow?
            Attached Files

Comment

You should upload good clear hi-res straight shot pictures of the whole top and bottom side of the board so we can see how that resistor connected in the circuit.
              Never stop learning
              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

thanks to all, is a low resistance 0.16 ohms that serves to protect 2 mosfet q2 q3 with the initials TK12A60U, these are short, check also IC DDA001AG that is not shorted to be successful

Comment

Originally posted by reset1986 View Post
                  thanks to all, is a low resistance 0.16 ohms that serves to protect 2 mosfet q2 q3 with the initials TK12A60U, these are short, check also IC DDA001AG that is not shorted to be successful
                  Did you have a part number at all that I could use to search at Australian stores (jaycar or rs-components)?

My daughter turned on the PS4 (inital launch version, approx 5.5years now). After the “beep” to turn on, there was a loud bang sound.. opened it up and F3 is toasted - as attached.

The PS4 is only plugged into power when used (about 2hours a month). There are no evidence of bugs or much dust, photos taken without any cleaning/dusting.

I am not sure the cause of the bang, the power suppies (non oem) are about $50AUD, might get that instead...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Twobit View Post
                    Did you have a part number at all that I could use to search at Australian stores (jaycar or rs-components)?
                    I tried looking on RS components AU, and couldn't find anything that matches for you. Even eBay didn't offer that much choice, which was a surprise to me. But I imagine if you can't find a 0.16 Ohm 2W or 3W metal film resistor there, perhaps going with 0.15 Ohm 2W or 3W metal film should be OK. Just make sure to go with metal-film, as they are typically flame-resistant/proof and/or fusible.

Also, that resistors seems to be connected to the MOSFETs for the main PS section (Q2 and Q3), so those might be blown too.

The PS4 is only plugged into power when used (about 2hours a month).
                    You should keep it plugged in even when not used. I'm not entirely sure about the PS4's, but probably similar to the PS3s... and like many PCs, they likely have a small internal battery for the CMOS/BIOS settings. So to prevent draining that battery, keep them plugged in. Otherwise, the console may loose time/date, which may or may not affect other functions.

I am not sure the cause of the bang
                    Could be a random failure or it could be a design flaw in the PSU.

the power suppies (non oem) are about $50AUD, might get that instead...
                    Sounds a bit pricey, but maybe not bad if it's a decent power supply made by a respectable company. As with all non-OEM PSUs (especially those for laptops), I tend to be a bit suspicious of their quality.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                      I tried looking on RS components AU, and couldn't find anything that matches for you. Even eBay didn't offer that much choice, which was a surprise to me. But I imagine if you can't find a 0.16 Ohm 2W or 3W metal film resistor there, perhaps going with 0.15 Ohm 2W or 3W metal film should be OK. Just make sure to go with metal-film, as they are typically flame-resistant/proof and/or fusible.
                      Thanks for the help. I found a few places (sadly interstate so $10postage) which have the Fusable Resisters. The 1/2W suggested above seems a bit low and looks thin. They have 0.15 and 0.27 ohm options which seem close enough given a 5% tolerenace. I am just unsure on the wattage.

The attached image is from the distributer the shops I found are wagneronline.com.au and aztronics.com.au.

The ps4 used to be plugged in but I travel several weeks at a time and when away most of my “toys” are left off to save standby power and the off chance of storms while I am away.

On this particular event, we had played an hour the day before and was left plugged in. The daughter wanted to pay a game that needed an accesory and was about to plug it in when it went pop, she got a big fright.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help. I found a few places (sadly interstate so $10postage) which have the Fusable Resisters. The 1/2W suggested above seems a bit low and looks thin. They have 0.15 and 0.27 ohm options which seem close enough given a 5% tolerenace. I am just unsure on the wattage.

The attached image is from the distributer the shops I found are wagneronline.com.au and aztronics.com.au.

The ps4 used to be plugged in but I travel several weeks at a time and when away most of my “toys” are left off to save standby power and the off chance of storms while I am away.

On this particular event, we had played an hour the day before and was left plugged in. The daughter wanted to pay a game that needed an accesory and was about to plug it in when it went pop, she got a big fright.
                        Hi if your not a member already maybe join this forum too what im thinking is maybe if a repair technician is in your country he may offer too send you the parts if you cover postage costs etc they are very helpful people like us on this forum but it may save you the high postage costs etc https://www.facebook.com/groups/ps4repair101/

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. I have joined and posted in the group.

Comment

@twobit
                            Did you find a supplier?
                            I’m need these also and cannot find them anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                              Mine has no Continuity, and no burn marks. Can I replace it with a Wire ?

Comment

Originally posted by Namen Victor View Post
                                Mine has no Continuity, and no burn marks. Can I replace it with a Wire ?
                                No.

Those low resistance resistors have a very important purpose - they allow the controller to determine how much current is going through the primary side. They are also usually fusible, meaning they (should) go open-circuit to protect more damage to other parts.

Replacing it with wire is not a good idea, even just for testing purposes.

Comment

Hello, I have a faulty ADP-240AR for which I had to replace two mosfets as these showed continuity on all three pins and I also replaced an IC DNP015 (i saw a youtube video) but still the power supply doesn't bring up the 12V rail when trying to power on.
                                  Now I saw the F3 and I measured it and it has no continuity. It looks like a resistor but it says F3 so it must be a fuse and I think it is broken as it has no continuity.
                                  Mine has the colors red, blue, silver and gold (0.26 Ohms).
                                  Does anyone have a URL where I can buy these online ?
                                  I have been searching al day but can't seem to find these things.

Comment

Ok so far I have found an part number which might be useful, now I have to find a supplier that doesn't charge me too much shipping costs for just one or two of these resistors

part number: KNP100JR-73-0R16

Comment

Do you have local electronics repair shop that you can ask and see if they have anything?
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi guys,
                                        Can someone tell me, please, what are the values/components for Q33 and R48 for this same power supply(adp-240AR)? I attached a pic with the region of the components.

Regards.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X