Sony XBR65x930D - left half screen is grainy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony XBR65x930D - left half screen is grainy

Um, should I have been looking at these?

I have been thinking they are backlight related.

Attached Files

Comment

:-).... I saw those cables a while back in your and wondered what they were. In other sets (70 sharps), there are corner cables that connect bottom boards to side board / drivers. It is possible that these connect bottom boards to "in panel drivers". This might be good. I am posting this to get you to this point ... but will write a further follow up post.

Comment

One thing that you can try, is that you have a working good side to compare things. IF you can, carefully follow the voltage that you have been tracking on (that you notice was "loaded down". I think you mentioned it goes to some chip. At that chip, on the good side, see if you can find any "outputs" of that chip which I suspect goes somewhere to the panel. Once there, de-power, and get a resistance reading on that "trace". Get the same resistance reading on the bad side (with it disconnected with the "u" cable). Does this point to a problem towards the panel...maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by misterhaus View Post
          Um, should I have been looking at these?

I have been thinking they are backlight related.

Is there a "block" of this on both sides?

Comment

Yes, those boards (labeled 16STW-Board) are on both sides.
            I'm pretty sure those boards are LED Backlight-related. This eBay post is selling the backlight assembly along with the same board.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-BACKL...-/273830463894

Comment

OK... then you are probably right... "brave new world" of sony. This is probably not going to get you much further. :-( As I suggested, you could try tracing some of the outputs of the voltage of interest towards the end boards, comparing good versus bad and see where that takes you. If you get lucky, you might come across a faulty smd component BUT I am thinking (somewhat like you) that it might be an ic... probably not readily sourced although some people on here are pretty good at locating parts.

As I mentioned, the "tape cutoff" approach cuts off signals (probably voltage) going towards the side drivers (in panel / no tabs). This appears to shut down the drivers on the bad side which allows the the drivers on the opposite side to still function properly.
              You might be able to use the method.... hell for all I know, VGL / VGH might be some form of voltage gate drivers high / low which potentially just needs to be blocked. Do you see / know where those voltages appear on / at the tcon cables?
              Last edited by budwich; 03-26-2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

take a look at the sony thread at the top of this forum (40 in). That person had some success with the "tape cutoff" method. NOTE his pictures near the end. In particular, note the first in the series. That looks much like your "start image" with a "faded half side". Not sure if it adds much as I think about it more, but it may provide some clue in thinking about this.

Comment

Working...
                X