Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo thinkpad Edge 13 0217 - Spontaneously low NBSWON to 1.5V

Hello.
    Have this Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 13 0217 that normally works but after two/three days it coul not start or when start it shows just logoand shuts down. i found that problem is NBSWON voltage wich goes to 1.5V. i do many things, even cut signal to switchboard and wire it to switch. things little improved but after few days it is back to 1.5V. cannot figure what can be source of this problem. maybe the KBC is bad.

Schematic
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83451

Re: Lenovo thinkpad Edge 13 0217 - Spontaneously low NBSWON to 1.5V

i've just found same problem but it's on Acer board, i thought it was the KBC too but after searching the anomali i found that the 3v (used to pull up) track is somewhere broken in the middle layer of the board, so i tried to inject the voltage (from the 3v_LDO line in my case) and it works like a charm!!!!

maybe ur problem is the same as mine, hope this help...

Comment

maybe, but why some time is ok 3.3V and after time get to 1.5V, but i try to hard wire from kbc to switch

Comment

i think the signal line from KBC to power switch is ok, the problem is on 3v voltage on R198 to pull-up that pin high

Comment

i measure resistance across R198 and without battery it have correct 9.9kohm but when i connect battery resistance goes down to 3.1kohm.
          Last edited by ktmmotocross; 03-28-2020, 12:44 AM.

Comment

replaced KBC and now i have stable full 3,36V on NBSWON. I give it few days testing as i wrote that fault came after few days

Comment

this shit freaks me out.

replaced kbc and still have leakage that pulls my 3.3V NBSWON down

Comment

do u have 3VPCU on R198? if u don't try use a jumper wire to 3VPCU source

Comment

yes i have. when laptop start it jumps to 3.3 but when is off after time somethig start to leak and it goes to 1.5V

Comment

changed pullup resistor 10k R198 to 2.2k and voltage goes up to 2.5V. still not perfect but now it dont make problems

Comment

Working...
                    X