HP Pavilion 15-P (Y11A) no power, S5_ON not present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Pavilion 15-P (Y11A) no power, S5_ON not present

I haven't been able to get a 90W adapter yet but I've tested it with a 65W adapter and yet, it hasn't worked.

Could the charging I.C be faulty? Its a new one I bought from china that I put on it.

Comment

Originally posted by classicandy View Post
      I haven't been able to get a 90W adapter yet but I've tested it with a 65W adapter and yet, it hasn't worked.

Could the charging I.C be faulty? Its a new one I bought from china that I put on it.
      Do you have a DC Power LAB ?

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
        Do you have a DC Power LAB ?
        If by "DC Power LAB", you mean "DC Power Supply", I don't have for Laptops. Mine is for phones and Tablet PCs with a max of 15v.

Comment

you can solve this problem with adding resistance (330k) between AD_ID (pin 5 "DC-IN CONN" CN20) and +VA_AC (pin 1-2 VDD "DC-IN CONN" CN20) .
          but you disconnect the AD_ID from the connecter (just move a little bit the plastique clip and you can retrieve the AD_ID cable ).with this way even a 45w or 60w works, you just need a 19v input no matter the power of the charger because the motherboard will see permanently like a 90w charger

Attached Files
          Last edited by kiraro; 03-22-2020, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiraro View Post
            you can solve this problem with adding resistance (330k) between AD_ID (pin 5 "DC-IN CONN" CN20) and +VA_AC (pin 1-2 VDD "DC-IN CONN" CN20) .
            but you disconnect the AD_ID from the connecter (just move a little bit the plastique clip and you can retrieve the AD_ID cable ).with this way even a 45w or 60w works, you just need a 19v input no matter the power of the charger because the motherboard will see permanently like a 90w charger
            okay, Thanks for the Tip.

But this will mean, by-passing the restriction of using a lower power adapter.

Anyways, I was able to get a 120W adapter and yet, it didn't work. Means the charging section of the board still has a problem that needs to be fixed.

I know a 65W adapter should still work with this motherboard. So, the board is still faulty. Any ideas on what next to be done?

Comment

check resistance R298,R304,R294

Comment

check resistance R298,R304,R294
                R298 = 99.5 ohms
                R304 = 10.79K ohms
                R294 = 9.15K ohms
                R279 = 9.20K ohms

Comment

what voltage you get on AD_TYPE (R294),pin67 (U11),also make sure you are using a good connector cable ,sometimes the middle pin for the cable connector for DC_IN it's damaged and no continuity to the board. try the tips a mensionned before if there is a problem with the cable .

Comment

what voltage you get on AD_TYPE (R294),pin67 (U11),also make sure you are using a good connector cable ,sometimes the middle pin for the cable connector for DC_IN it's damaged and no continuity to the board. try the tips a mensionned before if there is a problem with the cable .
                    R294 = 0.60v

Pin 67 [U11] = 0.60v

Connector cable is good. I've checked with other known working cables too. No continuity so far.......

Resistors at the charging IC area seems to read normally too.......

I'm pretty much confused on what to do on this motherboard currently

Comment

check R279 and R284 if exist .

Comment

check R279 and R284 if exist .
                        R284 doesn't exist but R279 exist [same as schematic]. Voltage on R279 = 0.69v

Comment

you should get 3v through R279 for signal"ADAPTER_SEL_EC" that mean you have select 90w charger type for DIS motherboard , +3PCU->R279(10k)->ADAPTER_SEL_EC(3,3v), For uma motherboard ADAPTER_SEL_EC = 0v that mean 65w charger type through R284, so ADAPTER_SEL_EC should be 3,3v or 0v, in this case you should get 3,3v so check r279 value and check +3pcu on r279 .

Comment

Finally, I've fixed it. It turns out that there was a partial short between the Gate and the Drain of PQ33. After replacing it, the motherboard started working normally again.

Thanks to everyone who contributed

Comment

you should get 3v through R279 for signal"ADAPTER_SEL_EC" that mean you have select 90w charger type for DIS motherboard , +3PCU->R279(10k)->ADAPTER_SEL_EC(3,3v), For uma motherboard ADAPTER_SEL_EC = 0v that mean 65w charger type through R284, so ADAPTER_SEL_EC should be 3,3v or 0v, in this case you should get 3,3v so check r279 value and check +3pcu on r279 .
                              Everything is now okay......... Thanks for the assistance. I really appreciate...

Comment

Everything is now okay......... Thanks for the assistance. I really appreciate...
                                starting the repair process I always measure and check the input source at the G pins of 2 Mosfet PQ33 and PQ20

Comment

Working...
                                X