This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all, great site from what i have seen so far. A bit about me, retired navy (FT/FC) with 20+ years electronics behind me. Hobbies are porsches, refurbing old school sansui's, target practice LOL.
    Always open to learning new things. Or relearning things as may be.
    Other than that, too many projects/too little time hehehe.

Comment

I've been reading this forum for some time...lots of useful information and very helpful and knowledgeable people on here. My main interests are medical and optical technology, but I have other interests too.

Comment

Hi, I've casually looked at this forum in the past but now come here to try and get something fixed. More out of personal interest and learning than because I want it working again!

I started out studying Physics. I have worked for some years in the medical device industry. My experience ranges from technical service, clinical training and project management to sales.

Comment

Greeting from the Lone Star State. I am a tinkerer by nature, and although I am not an expert in electronics engineering and circuits, I am competent enough to understand that a crap-ton of junk Chinese capacitors are th3e plague of modern electronics. Thanks for the great forum, and I look forward to learning here.

Comment

Hello!
            Greetings from Latvia!
            This is a really great site, I've used it a year ago when 3 caps went bad in my Samsung monitor, so I found a bunch of worthwhile information on bad caps manufacturers and based on that picked up 3 good quality caps form my monitor and its still running great.
            Thanks to the awesome community!

Comment

hi, I'm from Malaysia

I always love computers so my friends always shove me their PC problems. Software wise I'm no expert buy I can get by most of the time. Its the hardware I'm really weak at. Really need some info here repairing boards or other pc parts.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Comment

It's great to see sites like this where knowledgable users take the time to give helpful advice to people who need it, I look forward to helping whenever I can and will be grateful for any assistance I receive

Comment

hello my name is will, i found this forum trying to trouble shoot a tv and im glad i found it.
                  i have some electronics knowledge, all self taught, mostly audio and some microcontroller experience. I'm better at making boards and soldering than my electronics knowledge but im learning. i hope i can be of a little help and not just a helpee

Comment

Name François Martel
                    Québec City Home of the Château Frontenac
                    Tech since 1970
                    Capacitors are a pain they are getting worse but we have to lives with it.

Comment

Hello all,

I just registered on this forum - mainly trying to find information on my Samsung HL-P5063W dlp TV. I'll search the archives first, but I may be back to ask about the ballast and how to tell whether it's good or bad. I've changed the light bulb, but now the TV turns on for a few seconds and then goes black. I can get it to come back but only for 10-20 seconds. Anyway, I'll search the archives first. Thanks for the great site!

Lowell

Comment

Greetings all. My name is Brandon. I am a low voltage technician. Just hoping to learn a lot from this forum which seems to buzz with intimate knowledge of various things that I seem to work around with frequently.

Comment

Hi,
                          My name is Thomas and I am from Australia.

Looking for help with an LG plasma TV which had bulging caps and wouldn't turn of properly. Still have issues after replacing the caps and now hoping someone can lead me in the right direction.

Cheers,
                          Thomas

Comment

Hi to all the guys and ladies on the forum,
                            I have been retired for 18 years now and designing and building many and various circuits help fill in the days. Particular interests are micro processors and satellite tv.
                            I am always on the look out for new ideas for projects to experiment with.
                            Always keep smiling.

Comment

Greetings, I'm another victim of Samsung monitors - but am happy to be here!

Comment

Hello all, so happy I found this great site, hoping to have my beloved LG plasma working again.

Comment

Greetings internet friends. I am not a spambot, I promise! ;-)

Comment

My name is Dave Summerson. I have been working on ps'c since 1985 and before that, consumer electronics (tv's, etc.). I got into repair at the tail end of tubes. I dont miss getting burned by them at all. I also miss the old days when we could change out individual parts easily. Now with surface mount technology, we basically just swap out boards here as we have no surface mount solder/desolder equipment. Thats fine, as I am getting older and my trifocals do not focus like my young eyes used to. I hope to glean a lot of good info from this site. Thanks!

Comment

Hi everybody. My name is Beester and I'm trying to learn about how to fix broken tv's for the first time. I can tell there's a lot of great info. It's good to be here.

Comment

Hi my name is Andy based in Essex. I try to write software for a living but love fixing things. Can be anything from the car to the TV.
                                        Problem i have is where/when to draw the line and give up !

Have done some 'easy' TV psu recaps and a few mechanical TV repairs but now joining up as I've met my match with an LG TV!

Comment

hey guys can i possibly get some help with a tv problem
                                          a hitachi l32hk04u backlight VBL keeps going from 27v to 29v and back and forth causing the backlight to pulse and flicker!
                                          also the tcon board has a blue LED which flashes ?
                                          help
                                          <3 for all

Comment

Working...
                                          X