Power Cord Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Cord Failure

My wife and I both have the same type of Hp PC's. When I set mine up I used the existing PC cords that I had wired inside my desk. To date I've had no problems at all with them. With hers a few months ago the cord that came with the Hp monitor went open. This morning the Hp cord to the PC did the samething. These cords must be pure junk made in China. I replaced the "great new cords" with old IBM cords. Just how bad is it when you can't even make a PC cord that can do its job? It makes me wonder just what other "Made In China" junk is inside of this PC.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Re: Power Cord Failure

there is some very good chinese stuff,
    the factory's make what they are asked to make.
    if HP asks for cheap shit - they get cheap shit.

Comment

That´s it. If you tell a Chinese factory to produce a 24" display for 10 cent they will never ever say that this is impossible. They will smile at you and deliver exactly the quality you can get for 10 Cent (or worse...).

Best thing to do at least when it comes to powercords and similar stuff is stick to the old stocks that you have gathered in your basement or garage.

Comment

I agree, factories make products to the specifications of the customers. I worked in an American electronics factory and we made some really good stuff and some really crappy stuff. The customers are who determined the quality. Like the rest of us, they tend to get what they paid for.

I have been quite pleased with a lot of Chinese made things and quite disappointed in a lot of others.

Comment

time to autopsy!
          some cord failures lead to fires.like a break that leaves 1 or 2 strands making it.when it lets go a fire often occurs!

Comment

Well I don't trust "China Land" to build anything right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7VSHCgjbt0
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese...n_adulteration

They can kiss off.

Oh and lets not forget our friends who build Foxconn Motherboards.

China

Foxconn has 13 factories in nine Chinese cities—more than in any other country.

Foxconn's largest factory worldwide is in Longhua, Shenzhen, where hundreds of thousands of workers (varying counts include 230,000, 300,000, and 450,000) are employed at the Longhua Science & Technology Park, a walled campus sometimes referred to as “Foxconn City”. Covering about 1.16 square miles (3 square km), it includes 15 factories, worker dormitories, a swimming pool, a fire brigade, its own television network (Foxconn TV), and a city centre with a grocery store, bank, restaurants, bookstore, and hospital. While some workers live in surrounding towns and villages, others live and work inside the complex; a quarter of the employees live in the dormitories, and many of them work up to 12 hours a day for 6 days each week. Another of Foxconn's factory "cities" is Zhengzhou Technology Park in Zhengzhou, Henan province, where it is reported 120,000 employees work.

Foxconn continues to expand, and planned factories include sites at Chengdu in Sichuan province and Wuhan in Hubei province.

(JP calls this Slave Labor!)
            Last edited by Junk Parts; 07-19-2014, 12:57 PM.
            "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
            Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
            John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
            Rod Serling

Comment

And one of Foxconn´s biggest customers is Apple.

Comment

The only "Apples" I have came from "Food King". Then again this Hp may have a Foxconn built MB.
                Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

FOX' also make boards for samsung, microsoft, sony and nintendo.

infact if you own a fone or laptop it is 99% chance it came either from fox' or HANSTAR
                  and all game consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Parts View Post
                    The only "Apples" I have came from "Food King".

Comment

So much for communism looking out for the working class, huh?

I had a job like that when I was in the military.

Comment

Even if your device/computer/whatever is not made by Foxconn it probably has at least one component by them.

Comment

There should be a remake of that "The Vapors" song changing it to "I think I'm turning Chinese".

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWWwM2wwMww

"The song "Turning Japanese" was believed to euphemistically refer to masturbation,[2] although Fenton (the song's author) denied that claim in an interview on VH1. He did, however, say he wished to thank whoever first came up with that interpretation, as he felt that the salacious rumour about what the song "really" meant may have been what made it a hit."

JPSAYS: I wouldn't have ever made that connection in a million years...LOL
                            Last edited by Junk Parts; 07-19-2014, 09:26 PM.
                            Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

Working...
                            X