Samsung LE40A65A1FXXA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE40A65A1FXXA

Hi just visited a friend who has a problem with a samsung i have enclosed pictures i tried twisting the screen surround made no difference.I did try the tv on the wi console and it has sound the picture just has loads of lines on it etc on certain inputs you do get a white cloudy screen with times the lines get less and you can see the no signal box/menu/hdmi writing etc.I am thinking tab bond issue whats your thoughts.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LE40A65A1FXXA

Defective LCD panel. may be possible to shim the tab bonds. I have one doing similar when very cold.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

cheers tom are the tabs on these top/bottom or side? just curiosity ive just asked my friend the back ground of the tv he got it from a mate it went like this when they was cleaning the screen so as you say probably fluid on tabs or the pcb to tabs? if on the bottom. tom in the past you recomended to me some solder braid from cpc you use can you send a link im just placing a order cheers again for your input.

Comment

Tabs are on the top.
        Cleaning fluid unlikely to cause this effect.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Just been told by my friend they left the set on all night still had lines and bad picture, he switched the tv off to move it and then he switched it back on the pictures perfect? and hes been watching it for hours now with no issues at all.I will try the shims on the tab bonds and see what happens from cold i guess.

Comment

I am impressed how frequent we are seeing the LxxxA65x panel fail. I have had more than 10 cases this year in my very modest workshop.

Comment

Originally posted by senndogg View Post
              I am impressed how frequent we are seeing the LxxxA65x panel fail. I have had more than 10 cases this year in my very modest workshop.
              did you manage to do the tab bond fix on any? or didnt you bother trying.

Comment

The very last one which is still in my workshop for 3 days is beyond repairable.
                Had success only with ones which bonds are VISIBLY disconnected from the upper pcb. Any other could be just a temporary fix.
                Attached Files

Comment

yes thats what i said to my friend whatever it will only be a tempory fix he got the tv for nothing so nothing lost money wise. I may have a look see if i can shim the bonds etc as its only a tv for a bedroom etc that wont get moved much if any.

Comment

Working...
                  X