Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sammy LE37C530, bad touch panel or mainboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sammy LE37C530, bad touch panel or mainboard?

hello!
    i got a samsung C530 series, 37 inch, with a AUO display. came 2 days before in my service shop completely dead, no led, no life signs.

this is one is very strange, the owner stated that this was caused immediately after a power surge, but i dont see any faults in the psu. tbh, its a bit strange to me, because when i disconnect the psu <=> mainboard connector the backlight goes on. when inserted back goes off. that means, if i just connect the AC power to the psu i have all the voltages 5V, 13V, 24V there. Maybe this is nothing extraordinary for this kind of TV, its just how it should work. I think i can rule this out.

The mainboard.
    Normally, I got only the 5V from the psu flowing around. There is also 3.3V in the standby sections. This includes the touch panel section.
    If i bypass the PS_ON trigger, i also got the other 5V and 13V from the PSU, so i have all other voltages in the mainboard, the 2,5V the 1,8V etc. the heatsink of the cpu gets warm too.
    Still no indicator led sign.

The touch panel buttons.
    This is something which i would be happy to rule out, but i dont know how.
    I have a D400 32" with a broken screen. I managed to hook the D400 touch panel and to my surprise, the led lit! The buttons didnt work actually.
    It would have been simple if i swapped the panels but they cant go vice versa because of different type of connectors.

what i want to know, is if there is a way to turn on the tv without the touch panel. or another way to tell that the expensive mainboard is ok.

thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: sammy LE37C530, bad touch panel or mainboard?

With a remote.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
      With a remote.
      tried, with no success with both touch panels. I repeat, the D400 is very different, but i was just hoping that i could rule out the costy motherboard.

Comment

The touch panel is ok. swapped it in a M86BD samsung (which in fact has physical buttons) and worked well.
        Injected 3.3V in the standby rail and still nothing. I guess the new mobo is calling...

Comment

FYI, i did not order the mainboard because of excessive costs.
          But, the TV returned after more than a year around several technicians, and this time i immediately ordered a new mobo from UK. Everything OK now!

Comment

on the back lights lighting up, some Samsung LED TVs are set up in that manner I have a 40 inch Un40es6100 that does the same thing when I disconnect the main board from the power supply. It's just the way the power supplies rigged. So that's probably normal.
            Last edited by freakaftr8; 12-22-2014, 09:07 AM.
            Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Working...
            X