Heating Pad Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heating Pad Problem

My heating pad has a four position switch. The settings are as follows: Off, Low, Medium and High. Now off = off, Low = High, Medium = Low, and High = off. The control unit is screwed together so I can take it apart, All of my tools are over at my Linthicum house so I can't take the unit apart just yet. The A/C power cord from the control unit to the wall has two wires in it. The cord for the pad comes from the control unit to the pad. It has three wires in it. What do guys think may have died in the control unit?
    Attached Files
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Re: Heating Pad Problem

I repaired a simular one of these, (cant tell by your picture which is of the back of the control) The wires going to the blanket were shorted (a dog chewed the wires) There was a fuse and the triac was shorted in the control, replacing both repaired the unit. This one was a sunbeam control.

Comment

Re: Heating Pad Problem

The one in the jpeg isn't mine but it is like mine.

Update: Mine is also a Sunbeam
      Last edited by Junk Parts; 01-02-2015, 03:04 PM.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
      Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
      John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
      Rod Serling

Comment

Working...
      X