Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belinea 101711 (111750) Maxdata

Hi all!

This is one monitor that they have put in my hands for free, it comes from a clerk moving out from an old office and trashing old things.

First time I switched it on, green light fired on, but a few seconds later it went amber without showing a picture on screen. I tried to look with a torch but I couldn't see anything. Next time I tried, it wasn't even green on, and no more.

I opened box and looked at the circuits. The scaler seems to be ok but there are problems in the power/inverter/sound board.

The obvious one: the big cap is toasted. Not a bulge in it but it seems like a dust spill from the bottom. Pushing slightly, the wire gets out. The ohmeter said about 300 ohms.

Another obvious one. There is a big black burnt shadow on the board around the four diodes near the big cap. The ohmeter said one (the second one, left to right) is shortcircuited.

You can't see it but the fuse near the mains is measured open, I need to replace it.

I have searched for the service manual and I think I have been successful.

There I see big cap is 100 uF 400V, diode is 2a07 and fuse is 2.5A 250V

I ask for help from you, oh wise people. I can replace those parts, but I want to know what other parts are probably affected and what are in a bad state and can possibly cause the failure again, if you can help me.

These are some pictures and manual:
    Attached Files

Re: Belinea 101711 (111750) Maxdata

(picture 4)
    the largest main capacitor is toast
    that may be what caused the 4 diodes to overheat and cook the board.
    Usually power issues do not cause amber lights, but this one may have.
    I would start by changing them out

Comment

You need also to check the mosfet mounted on the heatsink Q801 according to your schematic.Hopefully that will be fine,but better to be certain, before applying power after replacing the failed parts shown.

Comment

¡Successs!

As you suggested I checked the MOSFET, but it seemed OK.

I went to the local electronics shop and asked for the parts. As usual, they didn't have the exact ones. So they sold me a 450 V cap, a 3A BIG diode and a box of quick glass fuses. I installed them with some reluctancy, having to enlarge the drills for the diode and so, but to my surprise, the thing started to work as soon as I switched on.

I leave some pictures of the task.

Thanks for your help.
        Attached Files

Comment

If someone needs it, I leave the visual process of opening the monitor case. It is pretty straightforward anyway, but just in case.

Before starting to unscrew, you need to separate the pedestal, you simply put the screwdriver through a hole in the bottom and press, then slide the base. Then there is a cover that's put in place with little eyebrows and give access to the screws in picture #2.

When you have unscrewed all, you need to separate the bezel, there are about four eyebrows for each side. Better use a plastic tool for this. The VGA cable have to pass a hole in the back cover, so be careful not to break something.

The metal back cover is hold in place with eyebrows and simply two screws.

¡That's all!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X