fun day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fun day!

today i came across an apple fanboi with a bent iPhone 6+ and we went at it! i gave him shit about the crappy quality and how the iP 6+ only takes ~40lb of force to bend and how the nexus 7 takes more than 200lb to bend, (i will save you the rest of the fanboi V Anboi argument) and i went on to what truly pissed him off: i pulled out my $50 huawei that i got back in 2011 overclocked to a full 1.2ghz (from 600mhz) and added a swap partition on my external SD card giving my phone a "memory upgrade", and started going on how you can't stably OC an iPhone and how you can't add any storage (mind you at this point his face was red) then the last blow i gave was the fact that anybody who has half a mind won't be part of a stupid cult using 2yr old speck'd hardware (think nexus 4) that cost more than the nexus 4 when it was new. at that point i had to exit the bus because i was at my stop, then i felt something hit me in the back of the head, it was a pen (it got caught in my coat), so i looked back and stated "you i-fanbois are mentally unstable" at that point he was about to scream something when the bus took off.
    Last edited by goontron; 11-10-2014, 01:19 PM.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Re: fun day!

i see lot's of I-fans.
    they ask if i will fix the screen on a pad/fone and i say "no - chuck it in the bin"
    i then explain that i'm not into using a hot-air unit to cook the device so i can peel a load of broken glass off all over the table because apple didnt want to put the shit together with screws or clips like everybody else.

Comment

only little girls argue about their friggin' phones....get a grip!
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        Let them argue - we can all sit back and grab a lawnchair and popcorn. Better than watching reruns all day anyway and it's a new show everytime!
        Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

i was laughing through the whole thing, the title isn't sarcastic. it is fun to watch the i-Phans get all up in arms and pissed off! and that's why i do it. although the pen to the back of the head did set me off.

Originally posted by chozo4 View Post
          Let them argue - we can all sit back and grab a lawnchair and popcorn. Better than watching reruns all day anyway and it's a new show everytime!
          i love seeing the reactions change every time.
          Last edited by goontron; 11-10-2014, 03:45 PM.
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

well given that they either paid $600 or whatever, or locked themselves into a slave contract with the devil for 2 years+ i'm not surprised they are so easy to set-off

Comment

Originally posted by chozo4 View Post
              LOL, I can't agree more!

Originally posted by stj View Post
              well given that they either paid $600 or whatever, or locked themselves into a slave contract with the devil for 2 years+ i'm not surprised they are so easy to set-off
              Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Update: seen the guy at Starbucks today, his screen cracked.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

if you bend the fone, it's logical that you bend more than the case.
                  how long till some poor bastard shorts the lithium battery? !!

Comment

It is my opinion that if the iPhans and MacApplebonkers weren't so freakishly outspoken about their obsession they wouldn't get so much flak from others. It reminds me of fanatical evangelists. They create conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                      if you bend the fone, it's logical that you bend more than the case.
                      how long till some poor bastard shorts the lithium battery? !!
                      Dunno about habits of EuroLanders, but on this side of the pond a lot of people carry their mobiles in their back pockets (hence the slang term "butt dialed") so maybe

I have an iPhone, but I don't view it worshipfully; I'm typing this on a Samsung tablet. I'm not a fanboy of the Deciduous Fruit Computer Company; I particularly dislike their business plan of selling to the sort of person who absolutely must have the newest and bestest THING. Sooner or later they'll have a stumble, and the fall may be very large when their @#$% hits the fanboys and fangirls.
                      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                        It is my opinion that if the iPhans and MacApplebonkers weren't so freakishly outspoken about their obsession they wouldn't get so much flak from others. It reminds me of fanatical evangelists. They create conflict.
                        You mean the twerps who used to parrot, "Get a Mac," at any and every opportunity? Since I knew that Macs use the same case mfrs., the same MB fabbers and assemblers, the same drives, and the same P/Ss, that mantra was less than persuasive for me; even more so today, now that Deciduous Fruit uses Intel processors.
                        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

reality is they are all pretty much ARM based computers with different flavours of OS and people put too much emotion into the argument, I have had both iphones and androids and each have their ups and downs, I think I like apple much less after ceo tim cook said "being gay is the greatest gift god gave him" either way I am rocking a Galaxy SII which has the BEST AMOLED Screen of every galaxy it has a real RGB matrix not that pentile crap they put on the later ones to save money.
                          My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BigTroll View Post
                            reality is they are all pretty much ARM based computers with different flavours of OS and people put too much emotion into the argument, I have had both iphones and androids and each have their ups and downs, I think I like apple much less after ceo tim cook said "being gay is the greatest gift god gave him" either way I am rocking a Galaxy SII which has the BEST AMOLED Screen of every galaxy it has a real RGB matrix not that pentile crap they put on the later ones to save money.
                            for the record apples A5, even if ARMEL based, is not a true dual core.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTroll View Post
                              I have had both iphones and androids and each have their ups and downs
                              Nah. Apple does not have ups. They are just overpriced ripoffs. A good droid will do just about anything an iPhone can.
                              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I had and argument with my brother that is sort of like this apple worm boy thing. I asked him if he would be interested in fixing the back lights in my HP 2509m monitor. His answer was no because all of hp's products are junk! He said I should get and apple "what the fuck" computer and trash my hp PC. I wonder, do apple PC's get fruit fly infestations?
                                Last edited by Junk Parts; 11-12-2014, 04:50 AM.
                                "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                                Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
                                John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
                                Rod Serling

Comment

The last one I saw was infested with fish.
                                  Attached Files
                                  sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_miGclPFGs

One Pound Fish!
                                    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                                    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
                                    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
                                    Rod Serling

Comment

I would agree... except nowadays it's no longer just little girls. Just about every kid from kindergarten to college does it. Fucking retarded if you ask me.
                                      Personally, I'm going to stick with my dumb phone till it dies. It does what I need and has been doing so for the last 7 years (that is, clock, wake up alarm, and the occasional call or text).

Comment

today one of my customers called me early about her 4s searching for signals then locking up, then the "cable connector with the arrow to itunes logo" comes up on the screen. She spent several hours on the phone with apple with no help. I tried to restore it...code 3...tried it on her win7 laptop, code 3

The guy on the phone said "code 3 can be a number of reasons"...

while I was waiting to download IOS 8, I did some research, the problem is really more related to a write error to flash. A guy on the forum said about freezing the phone, and actually got it working. Appearently cold does well with bad flash memory sectors (most of the time). Luckily she was under warranty, and I didn't have to deal with fucking with that. A number of these phones are known for bad flash
                                        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                                        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Working...
                                        X