Flir Boson Development Board Damaged USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flir Boson Development Board Damaged USB

Working on a Flir Boson Development board, model number 250-0593-02-r210. USB port was ripped off, tearing several traces on the board. I reattached it, and bridged the torn traces. It now shows 5V on pin one of the connector and up through the cap at C7 but no significant readings on any of the other pins and the device is not recognized in device manager as a USB interface. None of the traces on pins 5-10 of the connector were torn and it looks good under microscope. There were two pads there were torn completely off (highlighted in red on port-ripped-off.jpg) but I assume these were just for structural reinforcement. Thoughts?
    Attached Files

Re: Flir Boson Development Board Damaged USB

check for continuity between the cable and board to see if the socket still makes contact with the plug.

Comment

If the plug checks ok, check that TVS2 & TVS3 are not shorting the data lines to ground.

Comment

There is continuity between socket & plug. For TVS2 and 3 I will remove and test them. Will data lines function without them?

Comment

yes

Comment

For TVS2 multimeter reads .790 forward and .751 in reverse direction. So it seems to be bad. However, when it is removed, I still get no device recognition. It does seem likes that the problem is somewhere around pin two, as I believe it was originally bridged to pin 1 with a blob of solder when it was first reattached so 5v may have run down that line and damaged the diode.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X