Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

Originally posted by nish_pinto View Post
    ^^ Yes its a different cap. But the values should be same right? P.S- Its a Toshiba L300.
    it is a 2-2.5Vdc 1,200uf
    a link to it above

Comment

Originally posted by trebo View Post
      it is a 2-2.5Vdc 1,200uf
      a link to it above
      oops link here

Comment

Hope I get this one here in Mumbai.
        http://nishantpinto.blogspot.in/

Comment

Originally posted by trebo View Post
          oops link here
          Only 1000 hours life at 105C... not surprising these are failing as the CPU on a laptop gets 80+ temperatures regularly

Comment

I have my 2nd replacement again with the 0E128 2 month ago after my first replacement started to fails.It fails again today. I recommends everyone not to replace it with the Tokin 0E128. It doesn't last and a waste of time. Just replace it with 4 pcs of 330e75 instead. Now I need to look for the 330e75. Damm.See post #63.

Comment

hello benmah,

since already dismantled the laptop to fix the 0E128 no point of replace back the same cap. i highly recommend to get 4x 330uf 2.5v for replacement, remember to get the 2.5v if not the when power on the laptop the current will not goes constantly. i tried replace 4x 330uf 6.3v twice all fail using different brand also no luck. third time use 2.5v the laptop so far was running fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by lhock98 View Post
                hello benmah,

since already dismantled the laptop to fix the 0E128 no point of replace back the same cap. i highly recommend to get 4x 330uf 2.5v for replacement, remember to get the 2.5v if not the when power on the laptop the current will not goes constantly. i tried replace 4x 330uf 6.3v twice all fail using different brand also no luck. third time use 2.5v the laptop so far was running fine now.
                Probably because ESR was not low enough.

Comment

yes, agree with you.

Originally posted by b700029 View Post
                  Probably because ESR was not low enough.

Comment

hi a'm a new bie here
                    its very helpful all of your tips
                    thanks everyone

Comment

heh,
                      my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4036
                      I hope it wont have the same issues, but it has been running good since I bought it!

-Ben
                      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by comp View Post
                        Hello,

I have a A305 laptop with same symptoms and problems. So I followed the procedure and I removed the NEC OE907 capacitor. After that, I replaced the old one by 3 tantalum caps of 330uf of 4v with correct polarization. When I turn on the computer nothing happens, I don't get no video, no HD startup... nothing, only the lights are turned on. Then I tryed to put more one 330uF cap and nothing. I have made all possible arrangements of capacitors with values of 220 and 330uf to obtain the sum of 900 uf or even 1200 uF, but it didn't work. Does anyone know what happend? Does it happend with someone here in the forum? Does someone has any idea to give? Thanks for attention.
                        just try to reheat the power ic controller 28pins small square ic and post results

Comment

SATELLITE L300 A300

i have changed the NEC/TOKIN (0E907) capacitor by four tantalum (330e75) capacitor . but the problem is that the laptop always reboot when i plug AC/DC adaptater cable .
                          i want to inform you that these laptops was not displaying before when plugged the AC/DC adaptater cable but only on battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Kingtech View Post
                            Hello friends
                            I have placed four 330uf capacitors and has worked in some cases. When not working I added two more capacitors 220uf, working perfectly.
                            What I have always done is to check the capacitance of each plate before welding.
                            will do it . no choice

Comment

i solved my problem . i used 2 x330e75 and 2x470e75 and now the laptop is stable . thank @Daniel_kingtech

Comment

If after replacing with 330e75 cap still having the same problems. Try checking your display card. My toshiba didn't work after replacing the 330e75. But finally found that there is a small shorting at the display card where the metal holder(spring holder for the heat sink) sit on top the display card. I insulated the metal holder and everything run well.

Comment

I am so pleased to be here at last.I have been searching for solution this very problem on L300 for nearly 12 months.This forum really nails it.
                                  Im new here ,from country Aussi. and quite excited to find a real solution that can be achieved at home as the age of laptop does not warrant local electronic xperts "Ill have to replace battery ,charger , motherboard etc etc....I could sell you another computer though. etc" I want the joy of doing it myself.
                                  After reading this thread my excitement has been somewhat mollified however by Aust.wide search to find 330uf tantalum caps.The only place with supply however has minimum order of 150 unitswhich is a couple more than I require.A point in the right direction would truely be appreciated.
                                  Keep up the good work you guys,it is truely great to find like minded people actually repairing stuff in this chuck out society.

Comment

Well great pictures, this is really a nice forum !

Comment

ZEBU

If you could accommodate a bit larger sized caps in your laptop then the following (548-3337) might be worth considering (available from RS in many countries):
                                      http://australia.rs-online.com/web/p...633D4E4F4E4526

Comment

tks Notsosure
                                        that was the lead I needed
                                        was able to locate caps I needed in right quantities and actually opened up other possibilities.
                                        Pls anyone correct me if I am misled.I need to replace a900uF 2.5 volt cap on this one and it seems to me that any combination of 2.5 volt caps adding to 900uF or slightly better will do the trick if of course they can be physically accomodated on the strips....
                                        or..is it that 4 x 330uF is a better solution.( this what my intentions currently are but curiosity has the better of me )

Comment

Originally posted by ZEBU View Post
                                          tks Notsosure
                                          that was the lead I needed
                                          was able to locate caps I needed in right quantities and actually opened up other possibilities.
                                          Pls anyone correct me if I am misled.I need to replace a900uF 2.5 volt cap on this one and it seems to me that any combination of 2.5 volt caps adding to 900uF or slightly better will do the trick if of course they can be physically accomodated on the strips....
                                          or..is it that 4 x 330uF is a better solution.( this what my intentions currently are but curiosity has the better of me )
                                          look up the datasheet for your exsisting cap
                                          because some M/Bs have a 900uf cap and others have a 1200uf cap
                                          NEC/TOKIN OE907 900uf 2.5v
                                          WR 2R5 122 1200uf 2.5v

Comment

Working...
                                          X