X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55KS8500 - previously power-cycling, now vertical colored bars

Edit: this is for a UN55KS8500FXZA

Hi all,

I came across this thread last week where another user had a fix for my original problem of a power-cycling TV. I identified and removed some burnt-out resistors, after which the TV no longer power cycles, but now displays vertical colored lines down parts of the screen. There's also a green-colored "cloud" near the bottom-right when using the replacement mainboard.

I see these lines whether I'm using my original mainboard or the refurb I got from an online parts store, just in differing amounts/screen-space.

Does this look like a broken screen to you? While I clearly don't have an appropriate workspace, I tried to support the curved screen as much as I could, but it's definitely possible that I didn't do enough, or that I broke it in transporting it instead of when working on it. But, I wanted to get some experts' opinions if possible.

I also want to note that when the TV originally went out, I saw lines like this appear (except they were shades of green), and then the picture eventually went darker and darker until I turned the TV off and began my troubleshooting. So my hope is that these lines don't actually indicate a broken screen, but rather something fixable!

In any case, thanks for any insight!

Pic with original mainboard installed

Pic with replacement mainboard installed
    Last edited by morinb; 07-23-2020, 01:42 PM. Reason: Model # clarification

Re: Samsung UN55KS8500 - previously power-cycling, now vertical colored bars

Hi
    First, can you remove the back cover and take pictures of the TV set, the power supply and the main board!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply! I've attached some pics to this post - let me know if any others might help.
      Attached Files

Comment

you still have shorted ceramic caps on the boards you repaired before or burned PCB printing line. need to inspect it and other half side too carefully

Comment

Working...
        X