Samsung UE55KU6575U SHOWS ONLY HALF SCREEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE55KU6575U SHOWS ONLY HALF SCREEN

hi As the title says this curved tv works but shows only half the screen wondering where the fault lies thanks.Here are some pictures
    Note: First and second pictures show the back of the TV the side that works very dark picsorry
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UE55KU6575U SHOWS ONLY HALF SCREEN

Hi no one can help or some ide about this

Comment

please some help

Comment

Looks like the backlights are out on one side. Test the backlight LED's with a tester or if you can read the value off the psu a dc power supply set to about 60% of that voltage can work as well.

Comment

thank you for the answer.am not home now but i will do the test.one question
          is the leds separated left and right?thank you

Comment

I dont know that specific model but judging by the failure mode I would assume they are.

Comment

look at / near the cable running from the power board to the panel (leds). There is likely some labeling for the pin outs. You can monitor / measure the voltages there at startup. Go from the results which will likely tell if you have led problems. Post a better picture of the power board area to help the forum and yourself.

Comment

Hi there is not any label to point to any pin you can se it on the pics i hope they are better this time
                Attached Files

Comment

Kilroy2k1 are these the leds on the last 2 pics?

Comment

No those boards in the last 2 photos are the boards that run the LCD screen. They have nothing to do with the LED's

The LED's are on that plug thats on the opposite side of the board from the cable that goes to the main board.

You will find the pin numbers and what voltages they should have printed near that connector on the power supply.

Comment

please can you point on my pictures because I do not find or do i have take some more pics thank you

Comment

Circled in the connector for the led's and printed above it looks like the pinout.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Kilroy2k1; 09-16-2020, 04:06 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

thank you how can i test it

Comment

The printed above it is realy difficult to read but here wats on it .
                            Attached Files

Comment

There can be some fairly high voltages there, if you dont know how to test it then perhaps you should enlist the help of someone who does to check it over in person.

Comment

well i know there are such highs i can handle it but what tests do you want me to do?

Comment

First unplug the cable to the main board and then plug in the power, the back lights should light up.
                                  If they do measure voltage across 1+ and 1- then 2+ and 2-
                                  My guess is you have some backlights out.

Comment

Hi again from the ground to 1 cord I get 309v and the bottom one which is also 1 I get 224 it is the same cord I could not decide which is + or -
                                    and secondly that is marked 2 all the time the black probe to the ground I get on the top 224v and for the lower 131v

Comment

here are some close-ups of the contact in question I think the top row is + and the bottom is -
                                      Attached Files

Comment

What is the power supply board part number?
                                        BN44-??????
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                        X