Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 50 inch Plasma PS50B430 - Vertical lines - Help please

Hi everyone

I'm trying to repair my Samsung 50 inch plasma set, that has a pattern of one (or sometimes two) flickering vertical lines across the entire screen.
    Note that this is intermittent - Sometimes the fault disappears completely and the set operates normally - Of late, though, the fault appears more often than not. Yesterday the patterns of lines was always there and has become enough of an annoyance to demand a fix or replacement.

What I've done so far.
    Cleaned all the connectors with alcohol and reseated them all. It didn't help.
    Pressed/wiggled many connectors and boards to see if the fault goes or changes in some way to try to track down the fault. It didn't help. I couldn't identify anything.
    I especially checked the cabling and connectors between the main board (bottom right) and the control board in the centre. Nothing changed though.

Could any help me further with this, please?

Thank you
    Ken

I attach a few useful photos of the fault, the inside of the unit and the unit's specs.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung 50 inch Plasma PS50B430 - Vertical lines - Help please

That appears to be a Main Bd issue. Look for cold solder joints and reflow them.

Comment

Hi Andrew
      Thank you for your reply and advice.
      I'll remove the main board and check it over - I'll report back.
      Ken

Comment

Have you tried going into the service menu, pdp option sub menu, and access the Pattern select submenu, if the patterns or ok it is likely the fault is on the main.
        I'm not 100% sure but you may be able to run the autogen on this logic board with the main disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          I'm not 100% sure but you may be able to run the autogen on this logic board with the main disconnected.
          Thank you for your advice, R_J - Yes.

I searched around on the net and found this video detailing just that!
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjrwTZC5nVg

Running the patterns (with the main board disconnected) still showed the exact same line problem.
          Would this lead me (us) to suspect the small logic board is faulty perhaps?
          I've cleaned and reseated all the cables and don't suspect any are bad from visual inspection.
          No amount of wiggling or flexing of the logic board or cables (in an attempt to check for loose connections or dry joints) changes anything - The fault is always there.

Thank you
          Ken

Comment

About the only way you would see where the problem is coming from is with a scope, without a scope you would need to sub out the boards, it is likely control board or Ysus.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance here, but since the unit has vertical lines (i.e. lines being generated along the X axis), why would you consider that the Ysus board is the problem?

Thanks
              Ken

Comment

The noise that is being generated is high frequency and is effecting the scan signal so each line of video signal also carries the noise spikes. and is displayed on each line from top to bottom. or
                It could also be caused by the control board and effect the x drive, again without a scope how do you know.

Have you removed the y & z boards and cleand the ground connections? Inspect them and see if there is any black corrosion at the ground connections. also check for any poor solder connections.
                Last edited by R_J; 07-22-2018, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked both X and Y boards - All good - No dry joints as I can tell. In fact, the set is in very good shape, despite being 9 years old.

I will get the control board changed - It's very cheap.
                  If that doesn't effect a fix, I can look into other things.

Ken
                  Last edited by Ken Laszlo; 07-22-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I reflowed the entire Y-Sus board, even though there were no obvious signs of dry joints.

In operation, the set does have a slight 'buzz' sound that seems to be coming from a KF13N60 MOSFET on this board. Is this normal?
                    The MOSFET does appear to have seen some 'action' (slight brown discolouration).

Thank you
                    Ken

Comment

I just picked up a set with the exact same problem. Did you ever find what the culprit was?

Comment

replace tcon pcb

Comment

Originally posted by satyajit sarkar View Post
                          replace tcon pcb
                          It's not an LCD.
                          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Replaced the t-con board and that fixed the problem. Thanks

Comment

Hello..I have a problem with the Smart TV..The type of Supra TV..Do you have any software for Supra TV..55 inches

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zainabaldhaif View Post
                                hello..i have a problem with the smart tv..the type of supra tv..do you have any software for supra tv..55 inches

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X