hp envy 17 crashes on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp envy 17 crashes on startup

hello, as soon as this pc starts up, it crashes, I updated the bios but it doesn't change, could it be a graphics driver problem or an hrdware failure on the board?
    Attached Files

Re: hp envy 17 crashes on startup

Originally posted by poweron View Post
    hello, as soon as this pc starts up, it crashes, I updated the bios but it doesn't change, could it be a graphics driver problem or an hrdware failure on the board?
    start the laptop without keyboard, wifi, dvd, etc ... see if it still crashes ... use a HDD with WIN that you know are ok ..
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I disconnected wifi, keyboard, dvd, I tried one ram bank at a time but unfortunately it still crashes

Comment

replace the hard drive
        Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

It could be even SOC. faced similar issue with Asus X555LD rev 3.6 which has onboard ram. I disabled the onboard ram, used known good ram stick, even disabled the dedicated gpu but it always ended with similar error the way you are facing. In my cases it was rotten tracks under soc. Rebuilt the tracks, reballed the same soc and job done perfectly. May not be the case here but worth investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
            replace the hard drive
            I removed the smd hd, I tried other ram, I installed a hd with a working system, I tried with a bootable key with w10, I updated the bios from F50 to F52 from the HP site, all without obtaining results. can't disable the gpu

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
              It could be even SOC. faced similar issue with Asus X555LD rev 3.6 which has onboard ram. I disabled the onboard ram, used known good ram stick, even disabled the dedicated gpu but it always ended with similar error the way you are facing. In my cases it was rotten tracks under soc. Rebuilt the tracks, reballed the same soc and job done perfectly. May not be the case here but worth investigating.

it is likely that a reballing of the gpu or cpu is to be done, but I do not have the necessary equipment, I believe at this point I will have to buy a new or used card

Comment

Working...
              X