quecoo t12-952 Recap psu help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quecoo t12-952 Recap psu help needed

Got a soldering station with an internal psu (mains to 24V) which need to be recapped because the caps are all the dodgy "Yungli" brand with no series markings.
    The biggest cap at the bottom of the pic looks like a bulk cap (400V 33uF), the 2 caps at the top (35V 680uF), a small one just next to a heatsink on the left (50V 22uF), the 33uF and 680uF caps are marked with "low esr".

Problem is that I can't get any low esr series cap in stock to replace the 400V 33uF from the local Farnell, only general purpose series available. The only option which seems to have lowish esr is the Chemicon GXF.

My question are :-
    - does the 400V cap look like a psu bulk cap and is a low esr series cap necessary to replace it. Or can I use general purpose caps like Panasonic ED/EE/NHG, Rubycon BXC/PX/PK/TRW, Chemicon KXG/KMG/GXF etc?
    - all the caps including the bulk cap are normal polar (DC) caps right?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bord; 09-09-2021, 09:01 AM.

Re: Recap psu help needed

the 400v cap does not need to be low esr because the mains coming in is only 50/60Hz x2
    the 680uf caps sound small, if you can fit them in the case then consider 1000uf panasonic FS series.

if this is what i think it is then do a search on this forum - the big cap is tricky because of limited case height.

Comment

Whats the make/model number of this soldering station
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        the 400v cap does not need to be low esr because the mains coming in is only 50/60Hz x2
        the 680uf caps sound small, if you can fit them in the case then consider 1000uf panasonic FS series.

if this is what i think it is then do a search on this forum - the big cap is tricky because of limited case height.
        Is that the same with newer PC psu's (which are LLC, DC-DC) as well - no need for low esr for the big bulk cap?

There is still quite abit of space for height on the 680uf caps but not diameter. The big cap still has space for height and looks smaller compared to the silkscreen marking.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          Whats the make/model number of this soldering station
          Its a quecoo t12-952, its a decent brand for this type of T12 stations.

There was an old thread about T12 soldering stations.
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76911

Comment

Working...
          X