Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS X553MA - Dead Embedded Controller IT8985E

Hi everybody.
    my motherboard is dead , i look at the repair guide , and conclude the +3VA_EC was short to ground, remove all caps , and disconnected sub circuit did not solve the problem. The only thing that worked for removing the short was to remove U3001
    (Embedded Controller , ITE IT8985E.)

I have no data sheet for IT8985E so
    My question is : If i buy a new IT8985E on aliexpress or eBay or whatever , Do I need to program / flash this chip ? Or does it execute its firmware from the external EEPROM U2801 (Winbond W25Q64FWSSIG 64MB) ?

Thank U

boardview+repair guide x553ma

Re: ASUS X553MA - Dead Embedded Controller IT8985E

Nobody knows ? I may be in the wrong place ? how to move this post to "Troubleshooting Laptops, Portable, and Mobile Devices" instead of " Abit - Asus - Aopen" ?

Comment

Originally posted by jbittoum View Post
      I have no data sheet for IT8985E so
      My question is : If i buy a new IT8985E on aliexpress or eBay or whatever , Do I need to program / flash this chip ? Or does it execute its firmware from the external EEPROM U2801 (Winbond W25Q64FWSSIG 64MB) ?
      Since I can't find any datasheet either, I would *guess* the IT8985E is most likely programmed by the external EEPROM U2801 when the board boots. At least that's how it is on desktop motherboards with LPC/SIO chips. Laptops are not that much more different from desktops, other than everything being more cramped and found in weird places.

Either way, I'm pretty sure it won't hurt to try, unless those IT8985E chips are expensive. If they are cheap, maybe grab two, in case the first one is bad or ends up blowing again due to some fault on the mainboard.

Originally posted by jbittoum
      how to move this post to "Troubleshooting Laptops, Portable, and Mobile Devices" instead of " Abit - Asus - Aopen" ?
      You can ask one of our moderators to move it for you. That would be:
      shovenose, c_hegge, Per Hansson, or Uranium-235.

Comment

ok thx u, I m going to wait for more info ... I bought a new motherboard but now it s time for the LCD to not work ... bad luck or LDC is dead , I just hope I have not broken the new motherboard.

Comment

If there is an external spi flash chip for ec/kbc bios, then just replace the super io then everything should be fine.
          W25Q64FWSSIG is main bios, and its 8mb.
          There is no external spi flash for kbc-ec firmware on the board, then you need to program the new IO.
          Last edited by wacd; 04-03-2016, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Also W25Q64FWSSIG has voltage only 1.8v, check your eeprom programmer already support it, if not then you need adapter to convert from 3.3v to 1.8v

Comment

gooooodwork

Comment

Pls help me send me asus x553ma schematic

Comment

Originally posted by surajkr3011 View Post
                  Pls help me send me asus x553ma schematic
                  no sch for x553ma only bdv. you can use it to repair.

Comment

Working...
                  X